Notices

APBA vs LLC My Opinion

Old 04-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, Please splain for us...

Granted the UIM (sanction-recognition?) makes APBA somewhat different, but in who's eyes? I don't care? But that's just me.

What does the UIM do for US racers? It makes the speed runs...legal...quantifiable...real???

If the LLC looses this and the APBA Detroit keeps it, is this enough for racers to leave the LLC in favor of following the UIM authorized club???

I guess if the LLC thought the UIM was important enough, they would have paid their APBA bills as per the agreement.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Exclamation

Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
That I don't know, but I was told yesterday that Daytona did not count toward Hall of Champion points, which I'm assuming then it didn't count toward APBA High points either. If you ask APBA HQ the LLC is no longer authorized to use the APBA name. Of course that means that the racers are caught in limbo and have to figure out which direction to go on their own.

Thanks
Matthew
I was told today that APBA decided to count Daytona because the racers didn't have enough notice of the LLC's contract being terminated. I'm not sure about future points though I would call Detroit to find out about that.

Thanks
Matthew
Old 04-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Registered

Ron P I do not know. So this is just a question. How important is support from Mercury? It does seem LLC has been putting a little distance between itself and Mercury lately. What do you guys think?
Old 04-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I think that Mercury is behind this whole thing. I think the Vortec deal really pissed them off and the Sterling deal was the last straw.

I also think the LLC could have paid the fees as per the signed license agreement and we wouldn't be here today.

I also don't see this being worked out and I highly doubt the APBA logo will be present in Marathon.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:36 AM
Registered

OK so what is the relationship between Mercury and GMC. Would not Mercury have some clout as a big customer of GMC motor division? Or are the numbers in GM s terms just to small. Remember at one time mercury sold a lot of Ford motors. If this is between Mercury and GMC I think it will not be good for the sport. In my uninformed opinion GMC is here only for the short term. Mercury was always here for the long term. I am not picking sides, just my observation. And if this does not get worked out, where will Mercury go with their support?

Last edited by mmwalters; 04-30-2003 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

One only need to read the list of names on the board of directors to realize the problem...
Old 04-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze
One only need to read the list of names on the board of directors to realize the problem...
Baja,

Please clerify your post, here is a list of the BOD. Please explain the problem you or others have with each.

Chairman: Charles D. Strang
VP: Don Allen, Sr.
Members:
Michael Allweiss
Howard Anderson, Jr
Siegfried "Ziggy" Boettle
Ernie Dawe
Gary Garbrecht
Fred Hauenstein, Jr.
Robin Shane (Region Rep)
Mark Wheeler
Mike Wienandt (Category Rep)

Thanks
Matthew

Last edited by Grin&Barrett; 04-30-2003 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry, I don't want to comment further other than to say that some members have special interests outside of the APBA and have relationships with some influential people in other arenas.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:31 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Sorry, I don't want to comment further other than to say that some members have special interests outside of the APBA and have relationships with some influential people in other arenas.
?????????............ Seems to me that the "Conspiracy Theory" tactic failed for Hillary........and that dog won't hunt in this case either.

T2x
Old 04-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Understood. One man's theory is another man's proof...

Quick Reply: APBA vs LLC My Opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.