Notices

OT:Loto condos

Old 04-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Steve_H

Question OT:Loto condos

ok , new game plan. considering buying a condo at the lake and would appreciate any and all info.

which ones are well built , which ones to stay away from , maintenance fees , price range , best location location location , amenitys , slip cost , any suggestions on what to look for?

thanks ,
Steve

Old 04-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

just depends on what your looking for, make a list as to what is important to you and then start looking there are alot to choose from some are not as friendly for families as others, make sure youbuy one with a slip that will soot your needs now and in the futher, the popular area is around the 17-22mm area and alot of nice condo complexes. of your planning on renting it make sure the complex allows rental not all do, good luck with your search.
later
Old 04-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Steve_H

i didnt know about the renting thing.
it doesnt matter about family friendly. my daughters are mostly grown up anyway.

thanks for the info LATER!

theres a big condo complex on the higher mile marker side but i dont know the name of it? its kinda close to holigan (sp) bay. anyone know the name?

Old 04-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just like any real estate venture, how much do you initially want to spend.

Then, where do you want to be

Then, how much more can you really afford to spend

That will determine what you need to consider to stay in the location you first chose. Compromise is probably the next order of business, because we always want the largest, newest, most desirable location, ....

One thing I have always found to be fairly consistent, what is most desirable and expensive is usually that way for a reason. Barring any unforseen changes (if you know the future, let me know) they will still be more desirable later on.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if you're willing to put up with one closed pool for the summer, re-siding, new windows to replace the leaky ones, and retaining wall construction for the next year or so, (and the associated lawsuits with the developer) you can get a Killer deal at Emerald Bay (14mm) right now. It's basically a distressed property right now. Many residents are wanting to sell (at a discount to market) to avoid the headaches and incovienence. But in another year, it should be returned to it's luxury status. Opportunity for some serious one to two year appreciation.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I head up the mortgage department for Central Bank at the lake

If you need some financing let me know, we can do up to 30 year fixed on class 1, 2 and 3 condo projects. Also we have financed the construction of a lot of them at the lake so let me know which ones you are considering and I will find out what I can for you.

Central Bank of Lake of the Ozarks
573-348-2761
Mike Alford