Notices

Looking For New Excursion

Old 04-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For New Excursion

Anyone know where I might find a new dark blue Excursion with the 7.3 Diesel? I can't locate one anywhere around here.

Old 04-29-2003, 02:06 PM
ren3

Look at the dealers in Colorado, such as Phil Long Ford, Burt Ford, O'Meara Ford. They all have web sites. More diesel Excursions are sold out here than anywhere else. Prices are probably much better than the East. All the ones out here are going to be four wheel drive, and you would not want anything less. I bought my 2002 Excursion Limited with the Powerstroke from Phil Long last summer for about $43K. It has all the options. They are a good dealer as far as car dealers go. Bob.

Old 04-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Registered

Default Re: Looking For New Excursion

Originally posted by 388Hustler
Anyone know where I might find a new dark blue Excursion with the 7.3 Diesel? I can't locate one anywhere around here.

Get the 6.0 way way way better.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Registered

Phantom,
I've heard the same thing from others. I was just thinking the 7.3 would be sufficient and you get a $3K rebate with it. I don't tow my boat a lot and probably won't keep it over 100,000 miles. Do you think I would be making a mistake with the 7.3?
Old 04-29-2003, 02:51 PM
ren3

As far as the 7.3 goes, it is a well proven power plant. When you add a K&N intake "system" and a Super Chips computer reprogramming, the new engine can not match it. I have 19,000 miles on my 02 7.3 Excursion in nine months. Too many hunting trips. As always, even with technology, there is no substitute for cubic inches. I live at 8,000' above sea level, and real power shows up here. I get 16 + mpg at 80 miles per hour on the interstates at 6,000 to 8,000 feet. Of course I do not know if Ford is shipping any new Excursions with the 7.3 anymore.

Last edited by ren3; 04-29-2003 at 02:54 PM.

Old 04-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

I'm not sure.........it's new technology. You start to make changes, and add a chip, the 7.3 will beat the 6.0, but it will also void your warranty..........and I like warranties!
Old 04-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Thanks again for all your help. I don't think Ford is shipping the 7.3's anymore. That's why I'm having a difficult time locating one.

I know exactly what you mean about the warranty. The 5 year 100K warranty is definitely a plus to the diesel.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:04 PM
ren3

Nort, it has not voided my warranty as far as the dealer is concerned, yet. I had an O-ring goe bad on an oil line, lost three quarts out of fifteen, and they happily replaced it. I am towing a 35' Cigarette, and with the abscence of O2 up here, the engine actually works more easily with the fairly mild re-programming. I would recommend the K&N intake system to anyone. You can literally feel the increased power from the freer flowing intake air. I am looking forward to driving mine at sea level some day. Honestly, the acceleration is like a 737-700 taking off, and the pull does not stop. You are pushed back into your seat until you let up on the pedal. I have not driven an Excursion with the new diesel yet, but I will when it comes time before the end of the run to decide on keeping mine or getting the newer power plant in an 04. I would bet that I keep mine though. Damn Havasu looked nice by the way. Bob.
Attached Thumbnails Looking For New Excursion-almost-029.jpg  

Old 04-29-2003, 03:09 PM
ren3

Worse case, with the Super Chips computer you simply unprogram the vehicle computer through the diagnostic port on the dash with the handheld computer. Takes less than ten minutes either way, and the original factory settings are restored. This is not like a chip replacement where you have to manually remove the computer to switch chips, and the factory seal on the factory chip is long gone.

I still think that you can find new 7.3s in stock out here.

Quick Reply: Looking For New Excursion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.