Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jersey Boyz need your help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48875-jersey-boyz-need-your-help.html)

Ron P 04-30-2003 03:52 PM

Jersey Boyz need your help

1 Attachment(s)
The first OPA/Jersey Boyz offshore race is on Sunday June 1st in front of the Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk. Unfortunately most of our normal volunteer boats will be in A/C with the NJPPC Poker Run so we need some additional assistance.

If you've ever wanted to watch an offshore race close up - and I mean close up - like being on the race course - then this is your chance.

We need sweep boats to patrol the course to keep spectators and fishing boats clear and to keep our racers safe.

If your interested, send an email to [email protected] and I'll send you a form to fill out and fax back.

Volunteers are invited to the Jenkinson's party the night before the race as well as receiving two coveted race T-shirts.

Get involved and help OPA to bring offshore racing back to the Northeast.

H2Xmark 04-30-2003 06:15 PM

sounds like a cool job, now if I only lived a little closer!!!
bet you get a lot of replies

gmhdfan 04-30-2003 06:22 PM

Will I be able to see the other side of the race course this time? Sounds cold to me, but I think I might be up there that weekend. Pete

Ron P 04-30-2003 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One guy in Texas, one from Florida (who did come all the way up to help out last year, thanks Pete) and one guy with a broken boat that should be racing. Come on folks, get your boats in the water and help put on a safe race. We need 40 boats on the race course so there is plenty of room.

You get to see this....

Shane 05-01-2003 06:54 AM

Ron,

I don't think I can schlep the boat down, but I may be able to lend assistance on a boat or otherwise. Let me know.

Shane:)

diamonddaveF170 05-01-2003 07:32 AM

Ron,
Can you foward me the gecko pic. I can't get in to see it. I'll would love to help but i will be racing.
Guys as an added bonus. whoever Ron gets to sign up as the first 10 volunteers they will get a gecko shirt also. May not be alot to some but you got to be in it to win it!!!!
Hope this helps get people to come out and help!!!!
Dave;)

Ron P 05-01-2003 08:26 AM

I can't hear you!!!

Shane 05-01-2003 08:30 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
I can't hear you!!!
Did you see my post above or are you ignoring it?;)

Ron P 05-01-2003 08:51 AM

Hi Shane, how could I ignore the new and improved Shane?

If you made the trip I'm sure I can get you out on a boat for the day. Maybe you could even help with scoring.

Right now my main goal is to get more boats on the race course. I just picked up a 46 Searay and a 27 Bayliner this morning. Keep em comming!!!!!!!!

Shane 05-01-2003 09:21 AM

Ron,

I will keep in touch. I will ask my buddy with a 38 Formula if he is interested.

Shane