Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!! >

Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

Notices

Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

Old 04-30-2003, 05:57 PM
DEVIL MAN

Default Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

OK gang...it is time to sign up for the Scope Poker Run...we had 159 entries last year and we have 160 individual slips for every boat....once we hit 160, entries will be cut off!!!!

This is a three day boating festival...May 30, 31 and June 1. The dinner at the kickoff party Friday night is free for you and your crew of four!!!! Saturday morning is clean up the boat and charity rides! The In-N-OUt Burger truck will be there for lunch on Saturday. Saturday afternoon is the paddle boat tournament followed by the Saturday night party under the big top. Full on dinner and drinks!!! Live music!!!

Sunday morning is the run...short course is 60 miles down the Coast to Newport Beach and back to Huntington, Alamitos and San Pedro. The long course is the same with an extra stop in Avalon.

We are giving away over $27,000 in cash to the winners...$10,000 for first, $5,000 for second, $4,000 for third, $3,000 for fourth, $2,000 for fifth, $1,000 for sixth, $900 for seventh and all the way down to $100 plus a number of hot prizes...shirts, jackets, life vests, outdrives, etc.

Each entrant will receive six pictures of their boat running in action from a Powerboat Magazine Photographer...you get the pictures along with the negatives at no extra charge...all part of your one time entry fee!!!!!

That is correct...for a one time fee, you get two hands, two shirts, dinner for four on Friday, entry to the paddle boat races, one free private slip, free photos, free negatives, a chance at over $27,000 in cash prizes and a guaranteed great time.

The docks and the poker run secured compound are right next to each other. The dinner at Tequilla Jacks and the host Hyatt Hotel is a five minute walk from your boat and the compound. Once you launch your boat, park your rig and leave it alone for three days.

No waiting in line for your entry package, no waiting in line for food, drinks, merchandise, poker hands, etc. This is the most affordable and simplist event since sliced bread. Your wives will not use a porta potty...only executive restrooms for the SCOPE Poker Run!!!! Marble floors and counter tops!!!!! This is state of the art....no shortcuts, no hidden costs, no hassles!!!!!

Picture this....last year...right on the Pacific Coastline...84 degrees with a warm offshore breeze with no humidity, no knats, no flies, no mesquitos....we ship the trouble makers and the bugs to Texas for the weekend!!!

Starting tomorrow, there is a $50 late sign up fee...we will waive that fee if your application is postmarked by Monday, May 5 and you put big bold "OSO" letters on the top of the application. Each week this month, the late fee increases so you guys better jump on the wagon within the next few days or else you will be paying severe penalties...why wait???

We are going to sell this event out so if you are thinking or contemplating about signing up...do it now!!!!

This is the best value of any poker run in the country...all of the above mentioned perks for $250!!!! This event is completely 100% non profit...the real deal. Having fun and being safe is our number one priority...ask around and the message will be loud and clear!

How do we do it??? We have an incredible venue and event!!!

We have a group of sponsors that really believe in our cause and support us 100% which allows us to give you the best deal in town. It all starts with our title sponsor Bob and Andrea Teague of Teague Custom Marine...they have been behind us and supportive of us for the last 11 years...since the beginning of SCOPE!!!! (You should have been at their kickoff party!!!! Yikes!) It then comes down to the folks at Eddie Marine...they are there every year. Fred at Imco has really steppud up! Mike Bobbit at Miken has been awesome! Gordon Jennings at Paul Pfaff Racing Engines has taken a big step forward! Storm Bartling has come through in a big way! Formula Powerboats and Scott Porter is there every year for us. We finally hooked Skater to join in on the fun! Dan McNamara at Team Archer is back again! Gibson exhaust systems is donating a pair of exhaust systems.

Outerlimits Marine and Donzi Powerboats are teaming up to help the cause. There are many more sponsors helping with the run...check them out on our website and for further information and an application to register, please visit the Scope website at www.scopeinfo.com There are pictures from last year's event and everything else you would want to learn about our club and our famed event.

The Phantom will be in attendance so don't leave your fenders out while under way...you will be put in the King Poodle classification!!!

DMan....and the D is for Don't Delay!!!!!!!!

This is the can't miss event of the year!!! King Poodle will be proposing for marriage at the halftime of the paddle boat races!!! We just have to locate the lucky lady!!!! Any volunteers or cross dressers??? He has a fast boat!!!!

Old 04-30-2003, 06:03 PM
DEVIL MAN

A little more information...last year we raised $30,000 for the Childrens Junenille Diabetes Association!!!! They are our designated charity again this year and we are setting the bar at $50,000. We can do it with your support!!!!!

Also....the professional photos of your boat will be taken from one of the two helicopters covering the event! Powerboat Magazine will be there! There is just too much action to list. This year the proposal...next year, the ceremony!!!

DMan

Old 04-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Devil Man,
Is there fuel available at the island? I really want to do the long run but I am worried about running out of gas.

The boat I am bringing only has a 50-60 mile range on a tank (but is is fast and will handle the big water).

I am really hoping for some big water so I can blow by all of the wussies in the 38 twins with my little 24' single.

HA HA HA... Can hardly wait.
Attached Thumbnails Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!-team05c.jpg  
Old 04-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Registered

Signed up and can't wait. There is fuel in Avalon so you will not have a problem. From the picture on the SCOPE web site it looks like it will be an awesome event!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
36 SKATER

They don't get any better this. Three days of the most fun you could ever have, with your clothes on. The people at scope are second to nun. I have been very fortunate to become good Friends with so many quality people. I have been to over 40 poker runs and on scale of 1-10 the scope run is an 11.

Old 05-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Registered

A few pics from the start of last year's run....

Rick, looking forward to seeing the batboat out here....

Old 05-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I'm already signed up, will be coming down with Honker Cut Marine and their 42 Fountain Last year was an absolute blast and I cant wait for this years event.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Well we are now less than a month away, everyone here know's
the SCOPE Poker Run is an event you do not want to miss, go to
the photo section here on the site and just see the pics from last
year this is truly the Grand Daddy of them all

Last year we had over 160 boats in the harbor, what a sight and
sound...cool paint jobs, big power, awesome tow rigs, and of
course...Hot babes

A 3 day funfilled event, your own private dock space, good food,
plenty of drinks, and some of the biggest cash prizes available
for such an event Just an FYI, today was the last day
before the price goes up, so get your entries post marked and
sent...everyone here knows this event is the talk of the board
for weeks after it's happend, and it is definately the event that
you will want to chime in and been apart of

I am sure some view this as a bunch of talk, so I urge you if you
don't believe me, look at the pictures and let them speak for
themselves, we have only about 30 entries left and then this
thing is sold out, so don't miss out go to www.scopeinfo.com
download the application and get it sent in so you can be apart
of this amazing weekend

I look forward to seeing you all there

Jimbo
Old 05-02-2003, 01:05 PM
DEVIL MAN

ryoung....being one of the wussies in a twin 38 (not needing wings to keep level or a canopy for safety!), we will be back in Long Beach sipping on a Mai Tai while you are fueling up in Avalon! 50 to 60 miles????? Looks like we better set up some fuel tankers along the way for you!!! Should we set up a catering boat for refreshments along the way??? Hey, this is only a three day event??? Of course, most of us will have six or seven passengers on board relaxing and enjoying the fresh air! How many pasengers does that contraption of yours hold???

Of course, I am just ragging on you because I think you deserve a little attention!!! Fuel in Avalon is no problem....round trip from Long Beach to Avalon and back is approx. 62 miles....sounds like you might want to put 20 or 30 gallongs in your boat at Avalon to play it safe....to make the long course, you would have to top it off in Avalon, head to Newport and hope your navigator is right on the ball. If you need any help, give me a shout.

DMan

Old 05-02-2003, 01:08 PM
DEVIL MAN

According to our Poker Run Director, we received 10 entries yesterday!!!!! This is crunch time....if you are planning on attending, save yourself some money and save our poker run Director some headaches due to ordering shirts, food, other products!!!

DMan

Quick Reply: Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.