Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What happened at the Kilos yesterday? >

What happened at the Kilos yesterday?

Notices

What happened at the Kilos yesterday?

Old 06-07-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened at the Kilos yesterday?

I'm still bummed I couldn't go, so help a guy out. What happened? How fast? Who?
Old 06-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought they were today...actually this afternoon

I can't wait to hear also!!
Old 06-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Eternal Warrior

They were canceled. Everything was fogged in.

Old 06-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, FOG........... Coast Gaurd couldn't be lobbied visa vi the event agreement evidently, so guess what,1 hour later fog cleared, lotsa light left, sun high in the sky, CANCELLED !!!!!!!!! The coast guard was off the water WAY TOO SOON, very unfortunate.......... Probably the Rag Hangers(sailboaters) had to blow back in to their marinas', 'out of their fog'.................. I thought the course was set 3:00 till 6:00pm but all this HOOPLA occured before the alotted sanction had run out, some teams were leaving yesterday. I don't know if the promoters had anything today as it was another Michigan Thunder Storm. Hats off to all those that were in attendance, the long hauling teams, and especially those that produced the event. Thanks you did what you could............................................. .......
Old 06-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That sucks, we want to see 200 out of somebody soon. Maybe next weekend in Cincinnati.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN Chris, ps. met Audacity at the run, we talked about the Bat Boat day you guys did for us on St.Clair last year, I wasn't able to make it that day but thanks for that kind of offer. Joe is a good guy, not a bull$@iter just competitive that's all. I think T2x would have said so had he been there and met him in person............ I just hope Skater fest had good weather........
Old 06-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

AMEN we are all due for some good weather.

Hope you can make it this year, I am sure we will have all 8 boats up there for that race.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Registered

I was a patrol boat at the kilo's and Barcadi was first up to make his run he got the first leg of the coarse ran turned around at the other end and on his second pass the fog was coming in off Lake Michigan bad....I was videoing and couldn't bring him in even using the zoom, the runs were all canceled shortly there after....although as was said above they called them off a little too soon, there was still alot of time left and the fog did clear about a half hour later....there were a lot of spectators mad because of the quick call to shut the runs off......Fred
Old 06-08-2003, 08:04 PM
BTJ88

Bacardi ran 176 & 177 in the 2 runs he did get in. Too bad the weather wouldn't cooperate.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:58 PM
ragman

The run was called off by the port commander.
The Lt. on the race control boat was doing every thing
possiable to keep the run going.
Thanks to all the patrol boats that help out.

Mike Raguso
Race Control

Quick Reply: What happened at the Kilos yesterday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.