APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Old 05-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F.U.D., explained: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...214113,00.html
Old 05-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is degenerating. I, for one, would like to know where Steve David stands on all this stuff.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Peconic
TX: Someone is skirting the real questions here. Aren't you guys proud of your "research?" Do Daytona, Marathon, Savannah et al count towards the Nationals? Without qualifyers, please. Yes or no?

Why am I sure we won't get a straight answer?

First, you and Grin spread fear, uncertainty and doubt like there's no tomorrow, and now suddenly that's a "so what?"

If that forum wouldn't be public and for the world to read, that whole thread would be a "so what." Here, in the open, peddling fear, uncertainty and doubt is reckless and irresponsible. You are hurting the sport, sport.

Mod: Now that's what I call real research.
Peconic,

I think you have missed the point Rich is making. Indeed he is agreeing they have been researching the different points and counterpoints. He is also saying that it is a GREAT thing that you and the Jersey Boyz are racing for the sport of competition. To beat your opponents on level playing fields and having a safe and enjoyable time competing with friends. I believe he is trying to say that is what is important. That you guys were able to go to Marathon and have a great time and put the politics and bickering aside. Unfortunately the sport has moved away from that very mindset and from what I read Rich is applauding the Jersey Boyz and their efforts to return to the roots of offshore racing with the OPA. I think another underlying message here is that at the end of the day, whether or not the APBA Detroit, or the LLC recognizes the win is irrelevant, but it is more important that they raced safely for the love of racing.

Last edited by Shane; 05-19-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:30 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Peconic
TX: Someone is skirting the real questions here. Aren't you guys proud of your "research?" Do Daytona, Marathon, Savannah et al count towards the Nationals? Without qualifyers, please. Yes or no?

I , personally, have no idea....but it is definitely an answer worth getting........ if only for the sake of clarity.

Perhaps Grin can answer.........

What in God's name do you think is being "glossed over" here?

There's a series of charges and counter charges and an announced sanction pulling by Detroit..... Who is right?...I have no idea....but I'll listen to the facts from both sides. Even if they bore you.

This has nothing to do with validiting race attendance figures or media publishing numbers. For the sake of the guys who pulled their rigs to Marathon, I'm thrilled that the event didn't disappoint....or frustrate.

As an APBA member, I would like to know what's going on.

Apparently...you don't. That's fine, but please stop questioning the motives of people who do.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-19-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by BROWNIE
This thread is degenerating. I, for one, would like to know where Steve David stands on all this stuff.
Brownie:

That is a VERY good question...........? Me too! I know that his Unlimited hydro team made major changes to their hull this year and he was very enthusiastic about the season......maybe he's taking a break from all this "Sturm and Drang" and concentrating on racing.

Whatever, I wish him luck.

T2x
Old 05-19-2003, 02:10 PM
ModMachine

I disagree.
I think this whole thing does have something to do with media numbers and attendence.
Most of us know that the parent Org APBA (by way of the outboard group) totally shafted a major board member (MA) using a gang-style proxy vote surprise at the national meeting, even knowing that that person's company (LLC) alone brings in more than 30% of the revenue for the parent (APBA)- themselves! Why in Gods name would they bite the hand that feeds them?Why on earth would average Joe Boat Racer be allowed to draw up bylaws that would permannantly sever the best and most major funding relationships?Why?Becuase they are shortsited and have no business sense.
SO what is the best way to run a boat racing organization?
Making sure all those poor outboarders always get their way and have smiles on thier faces while telling the movers and shakers and thier sponsors to go take a hike?Or would it be wiser to make decisions that ensure the entire organizaition is functioning in a positive progression,and everyone equally being forced to make some sacrificies along the way no matter how big a tantrum they throw.
That's why the media numbers are very important.Because thats where the people who know what they're doing will be.
The rest will vanish.

Last edited by ModMachine; 05-19-2003 at 02:12 PM.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by ModMachine
Most of us know that the parent Org APBA (by way of the outboard group) totally shafted a major board member (MA) using a gang-style proxy vote surprise at the national meeting, even knowing that that person's company (LLC) alone brings in more than 30% of the revenue for the parent (APBA)- themselves!.
That is the charge....... If "most of us" know something the factual data should support the charge. Grin's examples, so far, have rebutted the charge of membership revenue abuse, but he has yet to make a case for the causes behind the insurance premium issue.... so that remains an open issue.... LLC may have a legitimate point...and if we could keep to that simple point, without the hysteria and non associated topics to the charge issued....the issue might very well be settled on its own merits.

[/i]
SO what is the best way to run a boat racing organization?
Making sure all those poor outboarders always get their way and have smiles on thier faces while telling the movers and shakers and thier sponsors to go take a hike?
[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that running an organization based on encouraging dissension between the divisions......is not the answer. Some guys in offshore started in other classes/divisions...and a lot of guys in offshore barely qualify as "movers and shakers"....(mostly the ones who refer to themselves in that manner). No doubt there are a lot of tight budgeted outboard racers who would love to rain on Offshore's sometimes grandiose parade....but they are definitely not the issue here. There are also a lot of condescending guys in Offshore who think they are a better "class" of racer than their co-members....They aren't the issue either...but they are helping to cloud an already murky issue.

T2x
Old 05-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
I , personally, have no idea....but it is definitely an answer worth getting........
I expected as much. Or as little.

What in God's name do you think is being "glossed over" here?
From where are you picking that quote?

This has nothing to do with validiting race attendance figures or media publishing numbers.
Who mentioned such figures and numbers that need validating?

T2x, you are a troubled man. You see things that don't exist. You suspect conspiracies. You are obsessive. You repeat yourself.

And I will respectfully bow out of this senseless discussion.

Last edited by Peconic; 05-19-2003 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Registered

I'm confused. I thought T2x was on the side denying the "conspiracy" theory.

Exactly what conspiracy is he espousing?

Modmachine does see a conspiracy.......why aren't you arguing against his conspiracy theory.......or do you agree with his?

After actually reading the APBA/LLC contract I do see the ambiguity regarding the amount owed to Detroit; but the ambiguity cannot be fully argued against Detroit with that clause that names both APBA and Offshore LLC as co-authors of the contract.

The ambiguity is the responsibility of both parties in this case. I would not be surprised to see an arbitrator or judge split the difference of the insurance. I would also not be surprised to see a judge decide against a party that refused the same settlement proposed by an arbitrator, which ever side that fell on.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:41 PM
ModMachine

A theory is something that is unproven.
The secret-proxy-vote-on-bylaws was REAL.And worse- it happened.
Yeah,sure it was legal because a few outboarders found loopholes,but to intentioally gather 150 proxy votes for something nobody else knew was giong to happen- when the total voters present in Detroit would likely be under 100,is nothing but dirty pool.Stacking the deck.
No theories here-these are all facts.
Go look for yourself -this website below wasnt announced until after the bylaws were voted on that same day in Detroit.The outboarders all knew what was up here.The president knew(His own son drew up the bylaws) The majority of the BOD knew too.
BUT-of all I talked to,NO offshore member knew anything.No ballot ever went out to anyone to let them know what was happening..
Here's a poll:How many offshore members knew about this vote to take place at Detroit that would toss Allweiss?
This secret website was what they used to kick MA off the APBA board: http://www.geocities.com/sponsonhead/index.html

This kind of vicious crap is destroying our sport.All of us sitting on the sidelines watching the groups rip each other apart can see whos hurt the most--THE RACERS

Quick Reply: APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.