Notices

40 ft Kevlar SEAL boat

Old 05-11-2003, 07:24 PM
gvancleef

Default 40 ft Kevlar SEAL boat

How much is a 40 foot Kevlar SEAL boat on a Myco trailer worth? I think a triple axle trailer should be worth what this is going for.
eBay item 2414206049
former Navy SEAL boat, Kevlar hull PVC sandwich construction, 4 fuel cells (not tanks), 2 SSM 3A gimbals no drives, Tab mounts, 4 mufflers (CMI I think), Gaffrig gauges, had twin 540 Innovation engines, drives and engines pulled by the government, Halon stripping system for fuel cells, drive and tab mechanical indicators, Latham twin steering system, Myco triple axle trailer, brakes on all three axles, galvanized frame, axles just replaced, have more pictures, samples of hull material and can answer a few questions that the Navy allows, just check what is on an offshore racing boat and compare, this one won't cost you $300,000.00, gun mounts and military comm equipment have been removed by me, Speedmaster III, 3A and 4 will fit these gimbals, this is the boat that will pull another at 90+ and outrun smugglers in the Persian Gulf, all systems have redundancy, 4 trim pumps, 2 battery boxes, sides were punched with a forklift before sale, missed all the vital points except dented one of the four gas fill tubes on the starboard side, 4 fills on each side, 90 gallons each I think, engines were fuel injected like Mercruiser Bulldogs with MPFI

Old 05-11-2003, 08:33 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the boat & unfortunately, I doubt you will get much for it.
It's a heavy hull with lots of holes in it. The entire cockpit would need to be totally replaced with bolsters, rear seat, sun deck, dash. It need lots of holes filled on the deck where the gun mounts were & generally, a whole boat load of misc. parts will be needed.
After all of those expenses, a complete paint job will be needed (after the hull sides are straightened out), plus the engines, drives, tabs, props, gauges etc...
I hate to sound negative & I certainly don't want to sound like I'm bashing your boat, but that is going to be a major tough one to sell.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

If you're looking for one of the boats, there has been one floating around on ebay. A search on this board might turn up a old auction.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:45 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

the one that had on ebay taht was restored has been listed at least 7or 8 times.

They repowered it with volvo diesels. Unfortunity its now a "go fast boat" that doesn;t "go fast" as i recal top speed was like mid 50s. Grante dits probably sips fuel and has a 300 mile range, but still its not so quick.

if you could pick it up cheap and redo it, it would be a cool boat. It would have to be put back to like it was when it was in military service though. No "pleasure conversion"

NOW if you plan on repairing it and converting it or just restoring it to try to make a profit, look elsewhere. You'll loose your shirt.

To be honest i think too old might be the only person in history who has ever restored an offshore boat and actually made money on the deal. I haev been upgrading/redoing my boat for ever and i'll be luck toi get back what i paid for it plus parts. If i'm lucky i'll break even on $. BUT i have many many hours of work, blood, sweat and tears into the poroject. And mine was complete/running with no forklift holes in the side when i started.

if you want to do a restoration and hang onto it and have lots of time and money i'd say go for it, it could be a cool boat. Gauranteed nobody will ever pull up next to you at the dock with same boat!