Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sad day at the Yardhouse!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49790-sad-day-yardhouse.html)

DEVIL MAN 05-12-2003 12:35 PM

Sad day at the Yardhouse!!!

The weather was great, the sea was awesome, the boat ran incredible, the food was the best.......we lost 16 slips at the Yardhouse in Long Beach!!!!! All of the slips in front of the Yardhouse have been roped off and they have installed a security gate so that we cannot even cheat!!!!

The only dock space for visitors and our normal Scope group is the long dock beside the sea wall...maybe room for four 38 foot boats!!!!

More bad news....we went to side tie and the harbor patrol will not allow us to side tie!!!!!! We just lost the best damm place to make a lunch run!!!!

We need to go to plan B!!!!! Wherever that is????

DMan...and the D is for Disdain for the city of Long Beach and Depression is around the corner!!!!

Wally 05-12-2003 12:43 PM

What is their reasoning for doing this? Cant be another "terrorist" thing! :mad:

PhantomChaos 05-12-2003 01:03 PM

That really sucks.......I heard that was going to happen, but was hoping that it wouldn't. What does Steel have to say about it?

Steamin Rice 05-12-2003 01:13 PM

That really sucks......:hothead:

Airpacker 05-12-2003 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Wally
What is their reasoning for doing this? Cant be another "terrorist" thing! :mad:
Prolly RWD's exhaust noise kept breakin all the bar glasses when Ron backed in to the slip :)

cigarette1 05-12-2003 02:18 PM

I don't get it. They added all the yacht docking in the area toward the new aquarium and didn't even consider the day boater. The yacht dock are and have been empty for the past two years. I'm sure they won't miss me in Lonely Beach.

I wonder if the Poker Run docks would be available to day users. They could at least keep one row of docks open for day users .... nice spot for picnic lunches.

We have the one long dock in Los Alamitos ... I wonder if they would have a problem with side-ties. Or maybe we need to take longer trips .... nice guest dock in Marina del Rey in front of El Torito. There's also the guest docks at the park next to the launch ramp in MDR ... another spot for picnic lunches.

Forget about Dana Point .... they don't like go-fast boaters.

How far is Oceanside ?

I guess we'll be making a few more than usual Catalina runs.

WTF?

:confused:

cigarette1 05-12-2003 03:48 PM

About 30 miles on a foggy day without GPS plotter ..... around 26 on a clear day :D

OldSchool 05-12-2003 07:44 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
About 30 miles on a foggy day without GPS plotter ..... around 26 on a clear day :D
Now that is funny:D :D Maybe the Yardhouse got tired of all of your loud boats:cool: :cool: You guys are like outlaws rollin' up into town

C

PhantomChaos 05-12-2003 07:48 PM

What about the Cannery in Newport.............just think of the fuel, repair and duct-tape savings you'll have DMAN!!!!

mpally 05-12-2003 08:35 PM

We don't have that problem at LOTO. We'll let you dock however you want.:D