Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A very special THANK YOU to FunHome........ >

A very special THANK YOU to FunHome........

Notices

A very special THANK YOU to FunHome........

Old 05-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A very special THANK YOU to FunHome........

Last summer at the LOTO Shoot-Out I had the privilege of tying up next to a very good looking Fountain with some guys aboard and an OSO decal on the side. This got me talking with them being that I had been on this board "shopping!" As it turns they were all from Bonner Springs, KS which is only like 20 miles from me in Lawrence.

So some time goes by and I do 'google' search that leads me back to OSO and the screen name FunHome. As luck would have it, I found the right guy!!! I give him a PM about the problems I was having trying to find a truck to pull my boat closer to home so that I could work on it this winter and re-do the dash. The next thing that he replied was him offering to tow it back up here himself with an already weak tranny. AND on top of that he has a place to store it next to his own.

When it came to about December there was an APBA sanctioned kilo run at LOTO that was about to take place with some VERY big names in the industry participating. He say we'll go down watch the event, have a good time and bring the boat back the following day. A friend of his and fellow OSO member Check283 met me at FunHome's work and we took Check283's truck down. We had a great time there eating at J.B. Hook's with people like Steve Miklos, Randy Scism, Mike Gordon, and a few OSO members. Also saw and exchanged "hello's" and "good lucks" with David Scott(Bacardi Silver) and J.T. himself and his father, oh AND Bob Teage, Mike Fiore and a kind crew member that introduced me to a "lady" Talk about overwhelming!!!!!! But a great experience A 21 yr old hangin' with the big dogs in offshore racing, development, and building. Freaking COOL
Thanks Check for bringing my boat back even though the FORD dealership had to turn around and replace your tranny......under warranty, thank god!

Once some warmer weather came around, FunHome told me that he purchased a 24'x50' shop and he would let me USE his shop AND help do whatever work I needed forgoing the work on his own boat, since mine took up all the space. I had a header leak and he ripped it out allowing me get help from KCHOTBOAT who took the header down to LOTO for repair and sandblasting. Thanks to KCHOTBOAT. I still owe you a few drinks

Since the biggest project were the new gauges and panels we got started right away. FunHome got my spark plug wires booted and crimped to length by Jeremy. Thank You Jeremy

And when the wiring time came, "Racecar Matt" was brought in and took out much of the unnecessary wires and put in all new connectors and many grounds, etc. Even after working 9 or so hours these guys would come out to the shop and spend 3-5 hours working on MY boat for several ongoing nights taking them away from girlfriends and wives and children. They even seemed to enjoy the challenge and were as particular as if it were their OWN boat!!!!!!!!!

All-in-all the combined effort and kindness of fellow enthusiasts saved me well over a thousand dollars in labor. I have come out of this with a feeling of having several new friends and buddies that I look forward to seeing and spending more time together returning any favorS possible. The last night before I towed back to LOTO I told FunHome how much I appreciate all that he has done for me, and what was his response?
"Oh no problem at all. I just wish that when I was 21 I had someone around to help me and point me in the right direction with my boat. And you have done a great job yourself!"

Even though I was mechanically inclined, I have learned a lot and appreciate every moment along the way. You guys are THE BEST most helpful people that I have ever encountered. To everyone that put in work, except ex- g-friend, including the countless hours from my best bud, Justin (AKA--Fishfryed/Fish) THANK YOU ALL A MILLION........couldn't have done it without any of you especially at this time in my life!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes and thanks again,

Justin

P.S. You will all seee the hard work at LOTO Memorial!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails A very special THANK YOU to FunHome........-lakepicsdsc_1748_148.jpg  
Old 05-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

Quit teasin' us. We need to see the new dash! Let's see some pics. Great lookin KV by the way.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

OB21,

With all that said, would you put the price of membership at around $19.95 or priceless?

Looking forward to meeting you Memorial Day weekend too. Not to mention seeing the beautiful boat or yours!

Buck
Old 05-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

Thanks, the before and afters will come soon. I just bought an awesome 'digi' yesterday and the boat is at LOTO so I will take the afters next weekend and start a new thread.

Buying a boat=$60,000+

Repairing crap and maintnence in half season=$ 6,000

Spending a few bucks on OSO platinum membership= priceless

Last edited by OBNOXUS21; 05-12-2003 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 05-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Registered

Very very nice.......
Old 05-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered

Nice to hear. I met some of those LOTO guys including FunHome last year at the Shootout, what a great bunch of guys.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:40 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GOOD TO HEAR BRO...
Old 05-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

I will be ready for the beer after this week. Justin when are you going boating?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to hear. That's what it's all about!
Sounds like a great group.

Quick Reply: A very special THANK YOU to FunHome........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.