Truck dealer changed prices on me >

Truck dealer changed prices on me

Notices

Truck dealer changed prices on me

Old 05-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cord
Well, if it's a realy truck. The one that you want and they advertised it, then there is no reason why they shouldn't sell if that price. Yes, it does sound like a bait-n-switch.
Even if it was honest mistake they are obligated to sell me that truck at that price? Yes, that is the truck I would like to have. They have now changed the price on the internet to the "correct price" of 40,000 and some change.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Steven Toth

Well it was a two fold error.
The first error was they advertised a specific vehicle for sale that I had previously looked at and even had the wife drive. The sale price was $2,000 less than what they had quoted me ,which was based on the dealer invoice I had looked up.
The second error was that it was being offered at 0% financing for 60 months although the 60 month financing had expired a week ealier and was not being offered at the time.
So I purchasd the 2003 Suburban at $2,000 under invoice for 0% financing for 60 months.
The funny thing about it was that she had decided to buy the truck, just was not sure when. Fixed that problem in short order.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Registered

Default Re: Truck dealer changed prices on me

Originally posted by Luv-N-It

The price advertised was $31,685. Did not include the $3000.00 rebate plus another 17% I get from GM.

Just curious...
Do you think the dealership would also have to honor the other discounts?
Old 05-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take the ad to another dealer and ask him if he can beat the other guy's advertized price? Just see what happens! I did that once and got an even better price
Old 05-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
Not gonna hurt the company??????????????

Damn, you must have a business that does not have any overhead.

Personally I would do my home work and determine if it was a real mistake or if they are trying to screw you.

Being in business, I understand that you have to make a profit to remain in business. If it was an honest mistake, I would expect them to give me their best deal, maybe even better than normal under the circumstances, but I would not expect someone to loose thousands of dollars because of something like this.

That is what is wrong with our country now.
Actually I work for a GM dealer, and I think you misunderstood what I was saying, It is a cutthroat business and the car dealers pull every penny out if a perspective buyer that they can and still make the sale. You may hurt the immediate profit margin at the dealership but that won't be taken out of any salesman's commission. It will be wrote off of an expense account that I assure you will not put anyone out of business. Sorry but "generally"they could care less about giving you the best deal they just want you to get a good enough deal to come back again for your next car. If you will sleep better at night by knowing you were a good Samaritan than thats cool but I work hard for my money and that extra 150.00 a month can go a long way. I would not act the same way if I was buying from an individual that would be personally hurt by this. my.02
Old 05-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I stand behind my "honest mistakes"
Old 05-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Raypanic
Now that's a GOOD businessman. Wish there were more like you.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Raypanic
Regardless of the circumstances or situation or how much $$ it will cost you?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Registered

Dealers have so many tricks up their sleeves its amazing. When you order new ask for their "holdback" (basically 3 months worth of financing costs the manufacturer credits the dealership for ordering a car) Or the "you don't qualify for 2.9% but we can get you 3.9%" (or a derivative)...usually B.S. Guess who gets the extra 1%, its not the manufacturer.

Someone from work had this one the other day, "well we have 26,900 in that 2000 Tahoe LT with 36k on it, we can't sell it to you for below cost" Oh really..... so as a dealer you'll pay 1,000 over kelly blue book full retail for a vehicle to resell. Funny thing, most dealers won't give you much over kelly bb trade in value (19,000 in this case.) I told the guy If that dealership had that great of trade in values I had (2) cars to lay off on them.

Don't get me wrong there are plently of straight dealers out there, but there are also a lot that get RICH off of other peoples stupidity.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Registered

We just bought a new excursion and agreed on $500.00 over invoice. I have bought 5 vehicles from this dealer over the past three years and made the mistake of trusting them. we bought the vehicle and for the first time I did not look at their copy of the invoice.

When a friend bought the exact same vehicle from a different dealer about a week later he told me what the invoice price was, and it was about $2500.00 less than we were told. We called the General Manager, and after some legal threats they drew up a new contract with the correct price. they tried to tell me it was a mistake, but we all know that is BS.

I will take my business somewhere else from now on. I will never trust a car dealer again. I would make them honor the original price.

Quick Reply: Truck dealer changed prices on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.