Notices

Airdock boatlift

Old 05-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Airdock boatlift

Does anybody have experience with this type of boat lift good or bad ? I am considering it for my Top Gun since I canīt fit any other type of lift in my slip.

Cigaretteman
Old 05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheesy. Picture a Cigarette on a whoopie cushion. I did a lot of research on floating lifts and settled on the Sunstream FloatLift. Very fast and very shallow draft. Sets you back 10K. http://www.sunstreamcorp.com
Old 05-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Peconic
Cheesy. Picture a Cigarette on a whoopie cushion. I did a lot of research on floating lifts and settled on the Sunstream FloatLift. Very fast and very shallow draft. Sets you back 10K. http://www.sunstreamcorp.com
Peconis,

Do they make a lift that will support a Top Gun and only costs 10K ? The website does not have any info about sizes and weight of boats.

Cigaretteman
Old 05-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Cigman,
Check your PM.

Peconic,
Thanks for the referral.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Registered

Two sizes for the floaters. One for up to 6000 lbs, one up to 9000 lbs.

I paid 10K for the 6000lbs model, fits my F1 Kryptonite just divvy.

Specs at http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/ssc/fil...mSpecs2002.pdf

Tim: The FloatLift going to Southshore Docks is mine.

By the way: These floating lifts are a great way to get around the new anti-boat-lift regs that are popping up all around the country. A floating lift doesn't qualify as a lift, it's a vessel without motor. Here in the Hamptons they have totally banned new lifts, citing environmental reasons. Supposedly they disturb the ground. No mention of the toxins released through bottom painting - which you don't need with a lift.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Cigaretteman: You want that thing up in Denmark? Hmm. That'll probably cost a bit more ... it's huge.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Pecoic-
The big Floatlift is now known as a 10,000lb capacity. They'll be available in about 1 month.
US Coast Guard Miami Beach has oune of our Fl10s. They love the thing and use it about 5 times per day!!!!!
They use it for a 28' Safeboat with twin OBs, and a 27' Ambar with OBs. That Safeboat is every bit of 10,000lb.

There should be just enough room on the rails of your FL6 to put some OSO stickers on it!

Oh yeah, Top speed on an FL6 is 6mph on my GPS. We put a 5hp Merc on the back of the lift when we deliver them by water...
Looks pretty interesting running doen the river on a FL. I'll take a picture of the next one with the OB on it..

Enjoy your Fl. The guys at Southshore will take good care of you.

Got a fixed or floating dock? In a tidal area?
Attached Thumbnails Airdock boatlift-uscg-safeboat-floatlift_.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-15-2003, 11:16 AM
srpbaer

Cigman...I have used an Airdock for 5 this is my fifth year now. I love it. If it is too cheap like some one referred to, let me know and you can just give me the extra money...!!!!!! Seriously, it has worked great and better than expected for the money. Ken who owns the company is a straight shooter too. You give him the size and he will guide you right.....Incidently my boat weights 4600 lbs and I am useing an Airdock that was designed for a 3500 boat...(traded boats and still used the "old" Airdock). Good luck.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered

Tim: Floating dock, approx 3 feet of tide. The FloatLift will go alongside the existing floating dock. No sweat.

SRP: I didn't say cheap. I said cheesy. The airdock isn't especially cheap. I'm sure it works. But it looks cheesy. I nearly bought one because of my shallow water situation. Then someone showed me the FloatLift and I was sold. I have no connection with Sunstream, I even paid damn RETAIL, which is illegal where I live.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Registered

I just called airdock yesterday to get a quote. They haven't called back yet. Can anyone give me ballpark prices. I would need the class "D" lift for a 33 ft. boat.

Quick Reply: Airdock boatlift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.