Cigarette the Legend is Dying II >

Cigarette the Legend is Dying II

Notices

Cigarette the Legend is Dying II

Old 05-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Cigarette the Legend is Dying II

In the June Issue of Powerboat I read an article obviously written by Cigarette stating again that the “Logo”, will make the company; a legend. They say the “Logo” is a noticeable as the “Nike” swooshes or Golden Arches? To the boating community maybe. I would bet 99% of all the Unites States doesn’t know the logo. Once again the company is more concerned with marketing the logo than quality. Cigarette says that each boat is tested and quality controlled by Skip and Neil. I can name numerous 36’s that have flipped, 38’s, and 42’s that have many cracks, imperfections, and poor gel work. I would like to see the QC reports, they don’t exist. I bet in the days of Arronow, Halter, Bing Good, and Scott Smith they have written QC’s. The quality was impeccable; the warranty was almost non existing. Cigarette has to get back back to basics, worry about building great boats, and forget T Shirts. How can the Logo be more recognizable in Europe, there is only one dealer left, Sportier. Paint will not cover imperfections. Let Neil do what he knows how to do it, let him build. No one will ever replace Arronow, ever. He is the only “Legend”, don’t make him continue to roll in his grave.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go get'em AB !!!! Hey ... I didn't know you had a computer down at the shop ?????
HAHA

JM
Old 05-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

One TopGun with new cables. Now we are rolling..
Old 05-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Registered

Yeah Baby !!!!!!!!

I'm stopping in tomorrow to see that new pretty stuff for mine.

JM
Old 05-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Scorer83

Thumbs down

Is this topic necessary? Making a comment to a members discussion is one thing, but starting this thread is for only one reason. If YOU own one and have problems, then let us know. But to start this thread because you don't like the marketing strategy is empty.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the new June Robb Report, in the "Best of the Best" Edition..........

The $896,214 Ciragette 46 Rider XP is the production model of the concept "Stealth" (notice no "rough" in the name). With an upgrade for $1,131,598....you get 550HP Mercury SCI's or 1,040HP Sterlings.

Rediculous pricing!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Registered

This is an open forum. I agree with Too Old's reply. You need to back up your marketing.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Thumbs down

CIG_3,

This soo ridiculous. You've tried this before. How can you have the Cigarette avatar and bash the name?? What did they do to you? Your not doing anything but trying to ruin a great boat company's name and Skip and Neil's reputation.

Go buy Skip and Neil out if you can do it better. It's their company, not yours. They don't tell you how to run your business on here.
Hey guess what, lots of boats have flipped before! Your not bashing them because Cigarette is the easiest one to attack. Aronow built more than just Cigarette, are their legends dying too?

This is going to turn into the Eickert thread. Lets not turn this into an "I heard this, you heard that" situation.

Out of thousands of boats that have been sold since the 60's. There are going to be a few that have some defects.
I happen to own an Aronow original and a new one. Both are equally as tough. No cracks, no flaws on either one. Cigarette builds a great boat, period.

Last edited by PokerRunGunT/S; 05-13-2003 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
In the new June Robb Report, in the "Best of the Best" Edition..........

Thats right, "The best of the best!"

Last edited by PokerRunGunT/S; 05-13-2003 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the comments about improving the brand awareness were mis-placed. That kind of talk is for the board room not the press. Brand awareness comes from proper marketing and allowing the public to propigate the awareness. I think releasing this information to the public was un-necessary.

What I got out of the article was they were going to spend more money on marketing than racing this year. Thats poor planning to release this to the public. For a company to say they were going to make more t-shirts than invest in there racing (ie:R&D) is just plain stupid. It sound like they like running there mouths.

Quick Reply: Cigarette the Legend is Dying II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.