Notices

Marathon Results

Old 05-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Lamont does the washing !

I've known Steve since 1999 and I've never seen him wash his boat. Sanford and Son is by far the most committed race team in APBA Offshore! BH
Old 05-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Mel I know what you mean, it is VERY frustrating at times. Your numbers look very bold and good to me , but they aren't 18" I am sure of that. The bad thing is they need to have one rule for numbers and enforce it. The rules were last year that the Super classes could use ANY style bold number that they wanted as long as they were 24". The Factory and P classes are suppoesed to have 18" black and white numbers. After the meeting in Marathon not 1 team approached me about changing there numbers. On alot of occasions Dee Kimes has come to me and told me to change peoples numbers but the team still doesn't do it, guess they need to save money for there bar tabs or whatever else. The rules are in the book the teams need to know them , the inspecters don't need to measure numbers the equiptment owners should know that they are right when they get to inspection. My $.02
Old 05-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fever,thanks for all the help and advice about calming down on my last post witch i removed.Steve M,Cuda,Warren,PJA,Ryan B.I didnt want to seem like a cry baby about this race,and I figured if the racers thought I was Id forget it.The one thing i didnt want to say was that i couldnt go to Mike T even if i had known what he pulled.I had hoped a year would have left bygones be bygones and i could race APBA again.Well a couple nights ago i lost my cool and printed what had happend in terms that according to Dave my driver and mouthpiece just got me a one year suspension. and by the way PJA if i ever need a attorney your it fellow.Anyway to make a long storey short we won the appeal and will be returned to the spot we won,allso Mike T and I have worked out our problems,,I hope.Iguess we need a man like him to keep a crazy bunch like us in line.Ryan if you would PM me i would sure like to get you to put on some legal NO.and two flags.Mike T and seem to have this worked out but i dont think i want to jerk his chain a third time.And Runaway,your right they did get lost i guess Thanks Again All of Yous MELL
Old 05-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Registered

Mel, Glad you worked it out, it was unusual to see you lose your cool. Your post doesn't explain if your still suspended
Old 05-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Banned

Yes, I'm glad it worked out for you. I am also unclear, are you suspended?

I'm happy they finally figured that smaller numbers didn't make your boat any faster.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the clarification Mike, See you in Savannah or Cincinnati if you can make it.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Mike A.
Of course Mel is not suspended. He blew off some steam and he happened to be right. The matter is resolved. Hope to see everyone in Savannah.
Great news for all involved. That's what we like to see. Thanks for clearing it up Mike.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fever Mike,one last thing.I never argue with the inspecters,I know its my neck on the line out there and if they find somthing wrong i sure aint going argue about it.The only thing I have ever questiond is slip factor because it is a theory and not cut and dried fact.Allso if it would have put me in P4 i was out.Made a promise at begining of year,NO P4.Thats all I have to say on this. MEL
Old 05-23-2003, 07:33 AM
PJA

Mel glad to see everything got worked out.Talk to ya soon. Pete

Old 05-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Hotfoot

Originally posted by Mike A.
Of course Mel is not suspended. He blew off some steam and he happened to be right. The matter is resolved. Hope to see
everyone in Savannah.

Well why was team Vixon suspended, is it because the team was headed to thier home town to race and just had machanical problems and did not race so now the suspention is lifted.... Gee Mike A______ it must be that you are a control freak.

Quick Reply: Marathon Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.