Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Aaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50257-aaaaagggghhhhh.html)

Waterfoul 05-17-2003 08:38 PM

Aaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!

Those of you whow know what I've been up to the last 3 days know why I am YELLING !!!!

3 days till LOTO. Gonna be reeeeaaaallllllll close.

'Foul

traviss 05-17-2003 08:40 PM

My motor went in last night and half rigged in the boat. :D :D I have no problems ... yet ..... :eek:

Whats going wrong foul?

Tinkerer 05-17-2003 08:57 PM

Mike did you get the bearings? and where?

formula31 05-17-2003 09:14 PM

Dont feel to bad. Ill be lucky if mine sees water in 3 weeks.

X-Rated30 05-17-2003 09:18 PM

Originally posted by formula31
Dont feel to bad. Ill be lucky if mine sees water in 3 weeks.
ditto.:mad: :hothead: :mad:

dyno 05-17-2003 09:19 PM

Whats the hold up?

Tinkerer 05-17-2003 09:23 PM

I have been so busy at work that my transom assemblies are still in my garage. They will be droped off Monday to be sand blasted along with the rest of the black parts that hang off the transom.
The boat should look like new this year when it hits the water. I hope to paint the pieces next weekend and then put it all togeather.

Waterfoul 05-17-2003 09:25 PM

Steve, got the bearings at Lane. $37 out the door. Valako had a set of HP bearings he said he'd sell me for a good price, but even spending $20 in gas to go to Lane's, I came out quite a bit ahead.

It's all buttoned up. Need to put the crank pully on, flywheel, bell housing, carb, and then light it off. It will be IN the boat tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to do the rigging at home in the driveway.

'Foul

Crazyhorse 05-17-2003 10:40 PM

Mike, you going to need the brainbox? I'll run it to you in the morning if you need it. Sorry about the bearing deal. I'll make it up to you. I'm assuming you've got all the test-run gear from Dyno.

26scarab 05-18-2003 07:41 AM

The boat's been sitting in the driveway for two weeks now and I still haven't been able to touch it.
The weekend I got the boat out of storage I went on OT (65hrs/wk) so by the time I get home it's to late to start anything. OT should be done by next weekend so I will have some time then.

Foul ,
What's taking so long ?!?!? You just had to do a ring and fling right ?
I had to change a oil pump (something stuck the bypass open) last year , started at 8:00am and (the drive was already off) and was in Muskamoot bay by 3:00. ;)
I know what your going thru , it seems like when your pressed for time , everthing goes wrong.
Good luck and I hope you make it to LOTO.

R Addiction 05-18-2003 08:09 AM

My motor went in last night and half rigged in the boat. :D :D I have no problems ... yet ..... :eek:

NEVER SAY YET!!!!!!

:eek:

Mr Gadgets 05-18-2003 10:27 AM

Well for once I am top of things.. A first , I have to admitt. I finished my out drive a couple of weeks ago, was ready to go boating.. I pulle the truck to the Shell station for super Tuesday, save .06 a gallon on premium. Well the rear end in the truck couldnt take anymore.. better now than on a trip.. So I got the new rear end in the truck yesterday, finished up two outdrives and put a seal back on one of the trailer wheels, cause the new stuff didnt make it for the weekend.
So I am going for a ride this afternoon.. Just catching up on emails and such.. then off I go.
I hope all works out for You Mike!! and everyone else that is behind..

Dick

Waterfoul 05-18-2003 04:58 PM

Well, the mill is in the boat. Not alligned, no exhaust, carb, or rigging done yet, but it's in the boat. The hard part is done. I am whipped!!!

tanned fat looks better 05-18-2003 06:55 PM

Doing some glass and paint on mine..........hope to be on the water this weekend................might be Ho'in though.

Crazyhorse 05-18-2003 08:41 PM

If it's in, it's aligned. Remember the Team Chaos motto.

formula31 05-18-2003 08:45 PM

I fired #1 today and ran it in. Aside from a lot of steam from the port bank, probably from the cold tap water, so far, so good. Keeping fingers crossed. Now off to MO. and start on #2 next weekend.

Cord 05-18-2003 08:45 PM

I got mine out. Tooled around and came back in. It was so friggin rough out that I forgot to look at the gauges. The temps were around 180! I went back and there was very little water comming out. But there was some. After about 15 seconds of being off plane, water started flowing and the temps came down. When the boat is on plane I don't have enough water flow to cool the engine. I looked at the angles of the pickup and I suspect that when the drive is trimmed down that the low water pickup isn't getting the water directed into it. I'm gonna have to order a transom pickup and have it shipped to the condo for installation at loto. Oh, I can't wait! :rolleyes:

traviss 05-18-2003 08:46 PM

I had no problems today :D :D About 20 minutes ago dad and I woke up the neighborhood :D D: Nothing like the smell of burnt turbo blue 110 octane on a bueatiful night :cool:

Good luck foul

Tinkerer 05-18-2003 08:49 PM

It will be aligned monday night right after work.

Griff 05-18-2003 09:08 PM

Originally posted by Cord
I got mine out. Tooled around and came back in. It was so friggin rough out that I forgot to look at the gauges. The temps were around 180! I went back and there was very little water comming out. But there was some. After about 15 seconds of being off plane, water started flowing and the temps came down. When the boat is on plane I don't have enough water flow to cool the engine. I looked at the angles of the pickup and I suspect that when the drive is trimmed down that the low water pickup isn't getting the water directed into it. I'm gonna have to order a transom pickup and have it shipped to the condo for installation at loto. Oh, I can't wait! :rolleyes:
Get up early and call CPPerformance. Have them overnight it and it will be there by Tues afternoon.

Crazyhorse 05-18-2003 09:23 PM

Hey Mike, you want I should drive the truck so's you can wrench on it while we're on the road?

Waterfoul 05-18-2003 09:33 PM

LOL Crazyhorse!!! Why don't you loan me the dually for the week so I can save some $$ on fuel towing it down there!!! :D

Cord 05-19-2003 10:48 AM

Originally posted by Griff
Get up early and call CPPerformance. Have them overnight it and it will be there by Tues afternoon.

I'm on it! But if only it was as simple as adding a pickup! You need the shutoff valve (no vacuum break so a blown hose will sink the boat), a npt to barb adapter, and a block off plate for the old fitting. Plus it's alot of work in a tight oilly bilge away from home. Oh, how fun!

Chart 05-19-2003 12:01 PM

Got my engine and trany back in, but not dressed out, before having to take it to the upholstry shop, where it is now. The only hope of the new cockpit being ready for Memorial day was to hold off the mechanical repairs. I hope to pick up the boat thursday, dress and aline the engine, AND replace the *^$#( bellow that caused the whole pull-the-engine problem. Nervous about dragging it to LOTO without first starting it, but it ran great last fall. See ya there.

Griff 05-19-2003 11:25 PM

Originally posted by Cord
I'm on it! But if only it was as simple as adding a pickup! You need the shutoff valve (no vacuum break so a blown hose will sink the boat), a npt to barb adapter, and a block off plate for the old fitting. Plus it's alot of work in a tight oilly bilge away from home. Oh, how fun!
I nevr thought about the valve. I have a hull mounted pick up, but never looked that closely at the plumbing. Not even sure it has a valve. Water still flows through my drive from the water pressure. I dump it out side next to the bilge pump dump.