Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
One more Damn thing......again >

One more Damn thing......again

Notices

One more Damn thing......again

Old 05-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more Damn thing......again

So I go to change the fuggin oil in the little Bayliner.....ya know pain in the azz as usual gettin the drain hose out the drain plug hole....but got her through anyways......oil is all nice and warm and I pull the plug out and low and behold about 1 QUART came out...... WTF

I let it sit for awhile and do the oil on the Blazer.....come back and nothing more....Okay there's no way on God's green earth that there is only 1 quart in there....

So smart old me decides to try something else....I pour two quarts back in and pull the drain plug again......GUESS what?????

Nothing DAMNIT....hardly a drop....ARGHHHHHHH

What are my options.....obviuosly there is something blocking the rest of the oil from coming out.....thinking maybe two wire coat hangers should reach the length of the drain hose...whatta think???? This is me right now>>>>>>>
Old 05-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Registered

Get a pump and suck it out through the dipstick tube. Id still be worried at whats down there blocking the hole. Aint boats fun.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Well thanx to you all the rest is fine.......Thanx again....we did have her out last weekend and she ran good except fo the small water leak....

Not sure what's in there....but that oil has been in there for a year now..remember this bugger sat for several months..thank god for Mobil One...plus the dipstick broke last year....No No...I got it out it got stuck in the dipstick tube....the curve was to tight for it and it finally broke....I pulled the tube and fiddled with it for what seems like a day to get it out....but that's all better now.I hope!

What kinda pump are we talking about here......I tried those drill pumps and they lasted about ..well that long.....till i figured out the damn thing had a drain tube already.....DOH!!!!! Live and learn I guess...
Old 05-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Try a hand suction gun hooked to the drain hose. You can get them cheap at an auto parts store.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Registered

Ive got one of those pumps mounted on a 5 gallon bucket somebody bought me for xmas years ago. Works ok but the oil really has to be warm at least. Yea, the drill pumps are worthless.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Registered

I think I would take the hose and plug off and see what's there. You might try an air hose with a blower sooting up the hose but it still won't get out what is in there.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Registered

Well see the problem with that is I have NO air compressor at my house.... I'm sure there is a little garbage in the bottom of the pan......the drain line is poretty small and it wouldn;t take much to clog it I would guess....
Old 05-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered

Umm...........well.........Ummm......I don't know if I have the sack to tell you what an IDIOT I must be......for there was plenty of oil in her and it is all draining now!!!!!!!!

Somehow I overlooked one small fuggin detail..........of which I can not bring myself to disclose to the rest of ya for fear of a severe ribbing that would not stop.......for I deserve it.....whatta a moron I must be......
Old 05-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You forgot to take the fill cap off so the crankcase can breath to let the oil flow.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

Hey Shor, you need to get back up here to the fresh water. And we can fix most anything here at the Marina!

Quick Reply: One more Damn thing......again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.