Like Tree0Likes

Lake George WE Demo run + Speed Run Pics

Reply
Old 05-18-2003, 10:41 PM
  #21
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Finally Beautiful Lake George in the morning right before Breakfast.

Last edited by GLH; 05-26-2003 at 07:22 AM.
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:29 AM
  #22
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default

GLH,

It was great to have you, the Mrs. and Christopher. We had a awesome time as well. Many laughs and good times with great friends. Glad you had a safe trip home and we look forward to visiting the BIG lake soon.

Shane
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:23 AM
  #23
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

On OSO at 5:30 AM your nuts buddy!!! no wonder that skater has 48 coats of wax on and under it...
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:47 AM
  #24
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GLH
On OSO at 5:30 AM your nuts buddy!!! no wonder that skater has 48 coats of wax on and under it...
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:09 AM
  #25
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GLH
The big winner of the speed run in a more camera friendly position driving the winning Scarab!!!
Of course they told me Paul(hot boat) built a bunch of 10 second car, well I didn't know they meant the engine lasts 10 seconds cause this his is 2 hour boat. Calling Bob(Otis311) and Shane back to thank them for their unbelievable hospitality over the weekend I learned that after we left, that Winning Scarab proceeded to have a very easily assessable speed.....
what does this mean ?? is paul's boat still in once piece ??


Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:26 AM
  #26
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris232
what does this mean ?? is paul's boat still in once piece ??


Chris,

Uh, not exactly. See, the radar run was set up as follows. You cannot exceed 45 MPH and you had to pick the speed you were to run down to the 1/10th MPH and not exceed that as well. Whoever came closest won. GLH and Paul were tied for first and Tantrum got 2nd. Later in the day Tantrum and Paul went for a ride up the lake and he lost the #8 cylinder. He is calling the engine builder this am to find out the dealio. We worked till 11 is on Saturday night at my house to get it running.

Let's hope the engine builder makes good on it.
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:33 AM
  #27
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane
Chris,

Uh, not exactly. See, the radar run was set up as follows. You cannot exceed 45 MPH and you had to pick the speed you were to run down to the 1/10th MPH and not exceed that as well. Whoever came closest won. GLH and Paul were tied for first and Tantrum got 2nd. Later in the day Tantrum and Paul went for a ride up the lake and he lost the #8 cylinder. He is calling the engine builder this am to find out the dealio. We worked till 11 is on Saturday night at my house to get it running.

Let's hope the engine builder makes good on it.
Thanks Shane, you've got to be kidding me !!!, unfortunately, I know your not... That boy has the damndest luck or should I say bad-luck !! sorry to hear this.. I went over after work on friday and helped out for 3 hours myself..

P.S. do you guys actually know what happend to the motor ?? I.E. piston, rod, rings, anything ??

Last edited by Chris232; 05-19-2003 at 09:38 AM.
Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:39 AM
  #28
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris232
Thanks Shane, you've got to be kidding me !!!, unfortunately, I know your not... That boy has the damndest luck or should I say bad-luck !! sorry to hear this.. I went over after work on friday and helped out for 3 hours myself..
He told me you helped him out. He just called me and I am on the phone as I write this. He hopes it is just a valve. He is going to do a leak down test this afternoon and we will see. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited by Shane; 05-19-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:45 AM
  #29
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default

well, I'm hoping !!! if its just a valve, does the motor have to come back out ??
Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:51 AM
  #30
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris232
well, I'm hoping !!! if its just a valve, does the motor have to come back out ??
Nope, just pull the head and replace the valve is there is no damage.
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SHAKEN Not Stirred
General Boating Discussion
3
10-17-2006 12:51 AM
TeamSaris
General Boating Discussion
77
10-16-2006 05:56 PM
EvilTwin
General Boating Discussion
5
06-02-2005 09:59 PM
otis311
General Boating Discussion
62
05-30-2004 10:54 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.