Notices

OT: Anyone use HGH?

Old 05-18-2003, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Anyone use HGH?

Human Growth Hormone,

I have read a lot about it and just wonder if the hype is true. What are your results or side effects if you have. If anyone uses it or has tried it and doesn't want to post it please PM me and I will respect your privacy.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 05-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried it. I'm not sure if it helps or not. They say to work out as you take it. I'm not sure if the added energy was because of the HGH or the working out.
I'm not sure that it's any better than a good diet, and working out ( arobic and with weights)
Old 05-18-2003, 07:57 PM
mirageman

I have used HGH with limited success. I have tried many products out there for wieght loss and muscle gain. By far, the one legal product that will give you the most gains (Need to have diet in order, be working out regularly with sets between 8 to 10 reps, and protien gram intake at or around your lien mass body weight) are transdermal 1-test prohormones. These are readily available at GNC or my favorite bodybuilding.com. These will cause some nut shrinkage but muscle gains on the order of 12 - 20 pounds. Downsides of using this product are great though. Nut shrinkage, possible gynecomastia (male ***** tits) and you will have a short temper. But it works.

If you don't want to go that route just choice a nice tri-source protien shake with low carbs and low sugar to keep fat down and consume close to your lean mass bodywieght in grams of protien. I weigh 250 and try real hard to consume close to 240 grams of protien. There are some bodybuilders that consume close to 400 grams a day. It aint cheap, but it will give you gains.

Old 05-18-2003, 08:08 PM
mirageman

These are what I have found to give you the best gains and there are easy:
1. Work only one muscle group per week no more than 20 sets per muscle and keep your reps betweeb 8 and 12 per set. This will give you good definition and build mass at the same time. After a workout you should not be able to move the bodypart without shaking. THats a good workout!
2. Sleep at least 8.5 hours a night. Without sleep you cannot grow
3. Eat healthy foods. Eat at least every 2-3 hours some small meal. This will trick your mind into not storing fat because it has food readily available. You will have to find that balance between gaining muscle, and not getting too fat. It is difficult. But you can't put on muscle without putting on a little fat.
4. Use supplements
5. Workouts: I use this and it has worked: Monday chest triceps, Tuesday legs, Wednesday OFF, Thursday traps shoulders, friday back, bi's Saturday sunday OFF.
6.eat at least 4000 cals a day during a building phase. You will need it
7. Grow!

Old 05-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Registered

Mirageman.........I do most of that stuff now. My name TFLB might be a little misleading I'm under 15% body fat and around 202lbs. I'm just looking at the claims like:
Studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine and other journals show that Human Growth Hormone (hGH) may reverse human biological aging by:

Restoring muscle mass.
Decreasing body fat.
Thickening the skin, reducing wrinkles.
Restoring lost hair.
Restoring hair color.
Increasing energy.
Increasing sexual function.
Improving cholesterol profile.
Restoring size of liver, pancreas, heart and other organs that shrink with age.
Improving vision.
Improving memory.
Elevating mood and improving sleep.
Normalizing blood pressure.
Increasing cardiac output and stamina.
Improving immune function.

The whole ball of wax..............hey if this stuff works it could lead to many more years of boating
Old 05-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Registered

Tanned, my first question would be is your user name justified? If you are over weight you need to start sowly. Some may disagree but you will not risk a heart attack if you don;'y over do it. Second is stay away from HGH.
Mirage has the right approach. Start with working one set of muscles per day, they need rest. Eat a high protein, low carb diet. If you have never done this, you WILL get light headed and forgetful. I don't think you need as much protein as Mirage says unless you are realy looking to add a lot of mass. Also, once you cut down on the protein you will lose a lot of the mass you gained. Best bet is to eat every 2-3 hours and make sure you end your workout with at least 20 minutes of light cardio to burn fat.
Good luck

By the way, if you are in decent shape or once you get there the best bang for the buck is a little creatine. It will increase your strength while on it and help build mass. Just don't take it for too long and try to keep your lifting weights near the weight lifted while on the creatine when you stop and you will not lose much mass.