Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   the original Playboy... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50312-original-playboy.html)

dreamer 05-18-2003 09:06 PM

the original Playboy...

Playboy #1

Someone has to buy this so all three will be owned by OSO members!!

IceAngel 05-19-2003 09:03 AM

Stinson said that boat has teak floors and last he saw it had all new upholstery (original style & color). He knows the owners and they probably put alot of time on the boat since he ran it with them when they bought it. The boat ran 84-85 0n GPS in 4-6's off Dana Point.

Sean 05-19-2003 09:15 AM

Just a question...

Why would they have put new upholstery in the boat already??? My Cafe Racer is an 1987 and the upholstery is still perfect...

JUSTONCE 05-19-2003 09:19 AM

hope the owner finds kis key under the bolster.

SummerObsession 05-19-2003 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
How close to identical are all three boats? Does the boat in denver have a teak floor also? I noticed black carpet.

Just curious if each one was a little different.

From what I understand, Cigarette was supposed to produce one boat a year for ten years. however, when intereset piqued in the boat, the smell of sales made them produce a few more, including "playboy" boats that were painted per customer specs.
The 35 was pretty popuslar, but they had the problem of calling them all "playboy" boats. It must have been confusing. All of the special edition black Playboy boats were supposed to be identical, except for a few options (AC, stereos, etc).
None of this is first hand knowledge, just what I have read and visited with people that seem to know;)

As far as the carpet, it may be an insert. I was thinking of trying to find a great custom made carpet to lay in when it got wet outside (or inside for that matter:D )
I'm going to call Cig to get a price soon.

Brad 05-19-2003 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Playboy's
To the best of my knowledge!
3 Black ones
1 Blue one.
These all had the wood floor and leather interor.
Sean, maybe they had a problem with the leather?

I know of two Custom painted Playboy's also.
Mine "Let's Play Boy" and one other that was at one of the boat shows a couple of years ago.

The 35 TS hull is great in rought water!
Here is a pic of mine!

MrCIG 05-19-2003 10:49 AM

Sean, It must have been all the Bunny's with the Stilleto Heals:D

Mark

Nauti Kitty 05-19-2003 10:54 AM

they made three blue ones also. The guy in denver changed the upolstry because he chartered the boat out. The leather has held up great in the other two. Great boat all around. NK

dreamer 05-19-2003 11:01 AM

All 35 t/s 2000-2001 are "playboys" 12 in all 3 black special edition some blue/ red but no mohogany floor or teak inserts... there also was one tiger w/ copycat rigging from the factory

dreamer 05-19-2003 11:01 AM

the 35 t/s is now called the mistress after the agreement w/ playboy expired