Notices

OT: more tahoe prob.

Old 05-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Try and reset all the codes and see if it repeats again......my dually had a LEAN MIX BANK 2 once on the way down to fl going through alligator alley......truck stumbled for a sec and caught itself.....engine light came on and stayed on the rest of the trip......went to the first dealer i could find and they just rest it and said come back if it happens again! Said that i may have gotten a goofy batch of gas or something....well it never happened again after that so i have no idea what it was all about.
As long as the engine light doesnt start to flash its more then likely a sensor problem and not super critical

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 things:

You may need to clean the throttle body-there is likely a ring of varnish near the plate that is causing it to stick.

You may also have a sticking EGR-give it a little more time and it will get worse and be much easier to diagnose.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just Once:

Clear the codes and run some Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner through. Also a trick is to unhook the ground cable from the battery for about 30 minutes. The "brain" then defaults to it's regular programming, but only do this if clearing the codes doesn't work. My 97 Tahoe gave me a check engine light, said an O2 sensor was bad. We put platinum plugs in it and reset the codes, runs like a champ. If you have good plugs and wires it should run fine.

Wannabe