Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This should be it:
Attached Thumbnails St. Pete Beach OSO Gathering Tuesday...-chart1.jpg  
Old 05-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

All of you guys suck! The weather up here sucks too. Have a great time boating this weekend and think of us up here in the north where it's only going to be in the 60's. Have fun and be safe. Hope to be at the Sarasota race on the forth of July!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How far is it to Hooters from there? I know there is a bunch of skinny water at the north end of that island. Can you get there from the inside, or approach from the gulf?
Old 05-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Registered

Probably not this weekend. I got pretty beat up yesterday kayaking rapids on the Suwannee. I would love to get together there sometime soon. It's not too far from me. Ilike to put in at Hudson and run down.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Gold Member

OK so I made it out to eggmont for a bit, but was unable to find anyone And on top of that I cut it a little to sharp going into the pass next to Shell key... i didn't ground it. but I ingested a bunch of sand... Now the boat is overheating... I had to have my mother(!) bring the truck from the poplar street ramp to that MONSTER of a ramp at Fort Desoto... <sigh> so now I emptied out the sea strainer completely, took apart the raw water pump and am going to hope that it will not overheat tomorrow so I can go out and actually ENJOY the day on the boat.

The only thing that concerns me is that I emptied the sea strainer really good on the water and the boat still got hot... I took apart the raw water pump and it was clean.. the impeller is undamaged... So now I have to figure out what is causing it to overheat if it still is... I ran the hose through the strainer in reverse and out the drive.. i got it to take all the hose pressure without backing up... and also ran water through the engine without it backing up as well... Think that will be enough? ah.. I think I better make this a separate post... hmmm

Can you tell I am a little sun baked??
Old 05-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Banned

How bad was the ramp situation at Desoto? We plan on heading out tomorrow and I'm trying to decide which ramp to use. We should be in the Egmont area for a while. What kind of boat are you going to be in?
Old 05-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Gold Member

I didnt park at that ramp... But when we left there was plenty of parking... the whole field out front was able to be used for parking.. I am not sure where I am going to attempt to put in tomorrow... I dont want to go all that far from the house here in case I still am having an overheating issue. I do have a backup plan though, a friend of mine might come out tomorrow with his boat.. So there is still a chance I will get to enjoy a day yet!...

Oh, I have a 01' PowerQuest.. just a lil 24 footer. I do have an OSO sticker on the windscreen on both sides also..