Notices

Kentucky Lake

Old 05-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kentucky Lake

What is there to do on Kentucky lake by water and also activities on land. It's one of the places we are considering going to this summer.

Where would be a good place to stay?
Old 05-21-2003, 03:09 AM
Boating Fool

Default Where to start!!!

Well it all depends on what you like to do. KY lake offers quite a variety. KY Lake and Barkley Lake are connected by a canal which gives you more variety.

There are several resturants located across both lakes. About an hour boat ride from the north end of the lake down to TN will take you to some of the bars on the water. Fat Daddys would definitely be a good place to visit.

Then there is our version of party cove - The Rock Quarry. It is located on the north end of the lake. Then a couple of bays down are some sand beaches that people hang out at.

If you are thinking about coming to the lake, I would definitely stay on the north end the lake. First two choices would be Moors Resort or Kentucky Damn village. Both have a lodge or cottages that can be rented. They also have a good size marina with slips available for rent.

If you need more info just me know. There are some other members on here from the area that can add or help if you need it.

Just let us know and we will put out the welcome sign for ya.

Matt

Old 05-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Registered

Ron,

You should come down the weekend of 6/13. There is a poker run that w/e. I can put you in touch with the people in charge of it if you are interested. It's a great poker run and a lot of fun. The poker run is held at Kentucky Dam Village and you can get a room in the lodge or a cabin.

Dean
Old 05-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Boating Fool

Ron,

I forgot to mention there is a website www.kentuckylake.com can give plenty of info.

The poker run is definitely a good time. We did it for the first time last year and looking forward to it this year.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys, 388 I'm already running a pokerrun on the weekend of 6/13, if we come down it would be between aug 11th through the 17th. If there are any Pokerruns or special activities going on the 15th, 16th, and 17th I would be intrested in knowing what they would be.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Boating Fool

Looking at the calendar of events - nothing special that weekend. The first weekend of August there are drag boat races.

The weekend of the 23rd there is a blues festival on the waterfront of one of the resorts.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Registered

Pull in at Green Turtle Bay. Take the courtesy car (or walk...it's not far) into the little village. Kathy's Restaurant serves a two inch thick pork chop from hell. The bread is served in the clay flower pot it's baked in. Either Friday or Saturday night the locals have an old fashioned street dance. It's a real piece of work.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Registered

The little town is called Grand Rivers. Neat little place. Also, it's a short cruise southward to Nashville, which has excellent municipal docks in the middle of downtown, in the heart of the original country music row.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Took a look at the website, and came across the following places to stay,

The Moors resort,

GreenTurtle bay

Americas Paradise resort

How do you think these places compare.

Also thought Lakeport landing looked pretty nice but it seems to be a sailboat hangout.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, also is there some type of map that I can get that has all the restauraunts marinas etc. on it.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Boating Fool

Moors or Greenturtle are your best bet.

Greenturtle is actually on Barkley lake by the damn. But it is probably a mile run to get on KY. It is located close to the canal that connects the too. I have never stayed so I can't really say about the facilities. It looks like they have some nices places.

Kinda partial to moors because my dad lives right outside of the resort and it is just a golf cart ride away. A lot of the members that are on this board launch at moors. Moors is located about 6 miles down the lake from the damn. It is also located straight across the lake from the Rock Quarry and Buds beach - another popular hang out. Moors has several options of places to stay. There is the lodge and cottages offered by Moors. They are located a short walk to the docks. Another nice place located up the road would be Magnolia Manor. There are 1-3 bedroom apts that can be rented from weekends. The nightlife can get pretty crazy sometimes. At dark when every comes in, the cooler goes straight from the boat to the golf cart. then everyone runs around on the golf carts til the wee hours of the morning. Golf carts can be rented for the weekend by contacting Marshall County Golf carts. I would higly recommend that option. Nothing like trying to run atv trials on a golf cart. Just ask Mama Tryed!!!!

Another place to check out would be KY damn village. It is located next to the damn and about half way(a little closer to GT Bay) between the other two mentioned. This where the poker run takes place and most people in it stay. Can't really comment on it because I have never stayed there either. They do have a hotel located on the water and cottages.

Sorry it was long winded. Maybe some of the other members can speak up on the other places. Moors is just where I have been hanging out for the past two years.

Quick Reply: Kentucky Lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.