Like Tree1Likes

Active Thunder Barrell Roll??

Old 05-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: It's how well you go fast

"at the very least you need to have some frame of reference in the basics of mass, momentum, hyrodynamics, course correction, and surface adhesion limits"...once again no real idea of my background

"patting yourselves on the back while waiting for your drives to be put back on"....where do you get that?????????...we TOTALLY looking at ourselves to blame....NO ONE ELSE,,,NO parts or manufatures,,,NO other racers.... JUST US!!AND we are not waiting around for some drives.

where do you come up with this stuff???LOL
Old 05-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Registered

While reading Joey's response to T2x's post #115, I started to look for T2x's reference to Joey's "Misplaced Machismo", I started to review, I found "Lack of Experience" in the first paragraph, I also found "Youthful Exuberance" in the second paragraph, but no reference to the "Misplaced Machismo" I read again, very slowly, and there it was, smack dab in Paragraph Three. "Misplaced Machismo"
Old 05-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292

Hey Philip,

You goin' to SkaterfestIII?
Old 05-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Registered

Audacity,

My friend, because you have an engineering degree and work in the automotive industry, that in and of itself does not qualify you as an expert in the field of hydrodynamics et. al. With all due respect, you must understand that you are speaking with people who have not only designed, built and rigged some of the fastest and most successful race boats in histpry, they have also attained a great deal of success in the offshore racing world as well.

Certainly, no one is perfect. However, coming from someone who for many years was as boisterous as you are, being passionate is admirable. Being arrogant is another. I too Joey, have seen in the past how your strong mind and will have not always been articulated in the most humble or congenial fashion. Certainly, the same can be said for myself at times in the past and I am surely not proud of it. However, I have learned that you get more bees with honey. You can still be passionate and vocal. You can be poised and respectful. You needn't be arrogant and cocky. Being proud of who you are and what youhave accomplished is a very good thing. However, when taken to far it is surely not becoming.

Just some thoughts and maybe helpful hints for the future. Best of luck racing and be safe.

Shane

P.S. Yes I have raced and have a few checkered flags to my name. And I was EXTREMELY fortunate to get my start in a Shadow Cat designed and built by T2x and throttled by Nicky Cutro. There is a guy for whom I have a tremendous amount of respect for. He is as honest as the day is long, knows his stuff and can run a boat just as well as anyone I have ever seen. Unfortunately, sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool...
Old 05-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Registered

Default Hi Shane

Hi Shane, how are you? Yes Kim and I plan to be there. Fred's posts on this thread are the greatest. Where does he get those cartoons? I do have to say, I have seen a slight change in your posts since the begining. You now are one of the boards "Elders". In "Knowledge" not years. T2x is the eldest Elder. Some of the greatest are here on OSO, many champions, past and present.

Philip

Last edited by Philip; 05-22-2003 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered

Default Re: Hi Shane

Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
Hi Shane, how are you? Yes Kim and I plan to be there. Fred's posts on this thread are the greatest. Where does he get those cartoons? I do have to say, I have seen a slight change in your posts since the begining. You now are one of the boards "Elders". In "Knowledge" not years. T2x is the eldest Elder. Some of the greatest are here on OSO, many champions, past and present.

Philip
Thanks Philip. It is amazing how few know who you really are! Yeah, Fred is a piece of work isn't he? Tell Kim I said hi, and tht I will give her my best at Skaterfest! J/K of course.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:54 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane
Audacity,

. And I was EXTREMELY fortunate to get my start in a Shadow Cat designed and built by T2x ..
Don't forget George Linder.... and a laminating genius named Larry Wirtzberger. Without those two the Shadow Cat would have been a mere "shadow" of what it became

AND.............

Without Ken Adam's, George and I would have had no successful
"conquests".....with our Conquests.

T2x
Old 05-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Good thread!!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Sonic

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane
Audacity,

My friend, because you have an engineering degree and work in the automotive industry, that in and of itself does not qualify you as an expert in the field of hydrodynamics et. al. With all due respect, you must understand that you are speaking with people who have not only designed, built and rigged some of the fastest and most successful race boats in histpry, they have also attained a great deal of success in the offshore racing world as well.

Being arrogant is another.

You needn't be arrogant and cocky.

Being proud of who you are and what youhave accomplished is a very good thing. However, when taken to far it is surely not becoming.

Well said Shane.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: It's how well you go fast

by no means do i think i fully understand hydrodynamics...fact is we still trying to lean more every day.

i have no idea who T2x is...but he is more than welcome to come on out and help with our program...would love to see him at the races helping other teams with his knowledge as well...knowledge is kinda useless unless you can share it...but that's just my opinion.

we chose to be apart of todays racing. we are making a lot of effort to see it go in a positive direction...anyone can sit behind a computer and criticize the APBA/Mike A., Merc Racing, step hull manufactures, and racers of today all they want...but they really need to get up from the computer and be part of the solution. i don't doubt for one second that there is a ton of people in here that can provide knowledge to better this sport.

T2x says spend some time with the "little guys"....well i'll bite...tell me when and where i can get some seat time in any race boat and i'll make time to lean, if someone is willing to teach.