Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The board gods have not killed this thread because Too Old's on a roll

Fred - YOU'RE KILLING ME!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jassman....If you read my earlier post....I said that if any boat rolled, hopefully nobody was hurt. Additionally, I have re-contacted the "source", a non-racer, who's freind heard about a spin
-out..at a race and it was a well known "Thunder Boat" powerboat. Obviously, his friend equates a "spin out" to be a roll and all race boats to be "thunder boats"...There was a miscue in the translation (originating from a non-powerboater)....which usually occurs when you have several people involved.

Oh, by the way...Kevin was a good competitor, but never too much for us to handle! And he told me about how his boat rolled over in Pompano (without him on it).

To make a long story short, glad you and your boat are fine...and for that matter, that no boats have rolled recently.

If you believe that I have a lack of concern for you or any boater/racer....You are very wrong...

As I see it, this has turned into a pretty amusing thread..
Old 05-23-2003, 07:52 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Marcus...... You little rumor monger

Are you coming to Skaterfest??? Bring the family..... we will be at Point Pleasant for a portion of the event and there are rides, a beach, a boardwalk........

Please try to make it...........

Rich
Old 05-23-2003, 07:55 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Good thread!!!!
Phantom...... You're catching up to Fred....

T2x
Old 05-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

"People like T2x and others have offered their view points and experiences, and recommendations for solutions, but unfortunately it is impossible to tell someone that knows everything, anything"....i see your point...but have "people like T2x" really taken the time to talk with people like Mike A, Lee Mills, Tony E. @ Merc, the producers @Speed, basically the powers that be currently in offshore racing. i see a lot of bashing going on here toward the sport by people that have very little presence currently at the races. now i'm VERY sure if you bring good ideas to the table to the people listed above???...i'm sure they would be very receptive in learning how to grow their business. we are the product they are selling!

you really don't see too many current racers, manufactures, or officials getting involved in here. why is that???80 plus race boats in Marathon for a GREAT event!!...how many racers and crew is that?? our team personally had more that 50 spectators that came to see the races...i was told by some of the powers that be,,,,"joe, your just not going to win" ....but i do love controversy and chaos,,,,so here i am....but, before you judge me i really think you should met me in person....there is a lot of room for misinterpretation when online.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally posted by audacity
[B
i was told by some of the powers that be,,,,"joe, your just not going to win" ....but i do love controversy and chaos,,,,so here i am....but, before you judge me i really think you should met me in person....there is a lot of room for misinterpretation when online. [/B]

This must be the new and improved Audacity !! sort of like the new and improved Shane...

I guess when your the tech. editor of a power boat magazine you can't be your normal cocky self, bring back the old Audacity, at least he was more entertaining !!
Old 05-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Joey,

Maybe you should heed your own advice and get to know the people that you say are bashing the LLC etc. These people I assure you have tried time and again to further the sport we love but all to often it has fallen on deaf ears. You, as are most of us, are type - "A" personalities. We like to be in control and not be controlled. When you bring large quantities of these same personalities into one arena there is sure to be a lot of head butting going on. You have the young guns that are full of piss and vinegar, and the seasoned folks that have been down the road before, who btw, were once full of that same piss and vinegar some time ago. Look at how FEW if any people stay LONG term in this sport. Most move on to other things after a brief stint in offshore. There is obviously a big reason for that. However, in auto racing, most stay for years and years.

I agree that there have been many great strides made to improve the sport. However, it has a long way to go. Mistakes have been and will surely be made in the future. Remember, if you wish to be perceived as a professional, you must act like one and lead by example.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
Steroids and mental health......what are the effects?

ooops.....wrong thread. Or is it?
Fred you crack me up!
Old 05-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
Steroids and mental health......what are the effects?

ooops.....wrong thread. Or is it?
Boy, Joey is taking the beating of a life-time here !!
Old 05-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

"fallen on deaf ears"...you mean to tell me that ideas that would have made someone more money were not well received? now if we are talking about racers that want something for nothing or a place to just go and race as hobby...you are most defiantly right.

"Remember, if you wish to be perceived as a professional, you must act like one and lead by example"...i think we are going in this direction...not because "I" think so...because of feedback from the APBA, Merc, DONZI, JDRF, our sponsors inside and out of the industry, Magazines, news papers, radio, TV, and the producers of Speed. we had over 50 some people come to watch the races and percentage of them paid for the VIP...going out and winning in marathon was not the number 1 priority we had or will ever have at any race. sorry if you and a few others here do not see our team or me as professional...

i have spent a lifetime of racing and being paid to do it in other venues. i remove emotion from the equation when i put a helmet on. the way i view racing may not be shared by others...so crashing in marathon was so overshadowed by all the things that went so well for us there. i am very proud of my team for what we have done and are working toward...the invite is always there to those that would like to come out to the races! including Tx2 and you Shane! CYA there!

Quick Reply: Donzi Barrell Roll??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.