Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If You Missed Marathon (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50544-if-you-missed-marathon.html)

Dixie Doug 05-21-2003 10:30 AM

If You Missed Marathon

You missed some of the best racing I've seen yet.A.P.B.A. Offshore LLC.the kick off party ,the racing ,the spectator section,the awards ,it was all great .The "Kentucky Control Group" all agree they had a good time. Congrats to all the winners (and participants)it was a great show .Thanks A.P.B.A. Offshore LLC.:cool: :cool:

skatermike24 05-21-2003 10:36 AM

Doug, I got to agree with you, I been to lot of racesMarathon was the best I seen a a while.

Ron P 05-21-2003 10:44 AM

It was a blast!!!!! You should explain the control group a bit. I never heard of them before this race.

Reindl Powerboats 05-21-2003 05:13 PM

Doug,

Good to see you at the race! See you in Cincinnati June 13-15th!

kitten 05-21-2003 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kickoff Party:

kitten 05-21-2003 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Pig & the Chef..... :hammy:

KenD 05-21-2003 09:28 PM

Absolutely one of the best races in the past five years....The weather was great, a little warm but a nice breeze.

The sound system in the VIP area kept everyone up to date on the racing action. Live radio coverage from start to finish.

Speaking of the VIP area...veterans, retired and active military received free passes. Wasn't that Rodney Dangerfield doing magic tricks at the VIP tables.....he got no respect.

All the open cockpit boats flew American flags during the parade lap on Saturday. Fireworks announced the start of the races on Sunday.

Announcement of the Labor Day races in Sarasota (one of my favorite race venues) is great news.

Implementation of GPS boxes for P Class racing shows that the rules will be enforced.

The list goes on..and on...and on...

KenD

US1 Fountain 05-21-2003 09:34 PM

Ken, weren't you putting together a Phantom to run in the Great Lakes circuit?

KenD 05-21-2003 10:48 PM

The new Phantom 38 is under construction. Hope to be ready sometime later this summer. Testing and tuning is underway on hull number one, so we're waiting to see what the magic combination is.

The old Phantom 29, "No Fear/Team Chicago" boat is at the factory waiting for a new owner. I'm thinking of bringing it back North for the Great Lakes Series for anyone who would like to run it in A-Class. Its got a new engine and new Blackhawk drive.

I'm committed to run One Design for the Great Lakes Series...looking for the $25,000 in points money.

Know anyone who wants to get into racing....cheap?

Dixie Doug:

Don't you mean the "Kentucky (Outta) Control Group"?

KenD

cuda 05-22-2003 06:43 AM

There was some good racing going on, and for once, we were close enough to read the numbers and figure which boats were racing which. Super Cat was the best race of the weekend, but Callahan was the most awesome thing I've seen on the water.