Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT- What's it worth? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50752-ot-whats-worth.html)

GregP 07-29-2003 06:59 AM

Anything over 100,000 miles is going to be a tough sell. Dealers usually are prohibited from financing them, so won't keep it. I've traded in a couple. Dealer called the wholsalers while I was in his office, gave me exactly what the highest number he got was.

Selling private party is a long haul if it is over the amount most people can pay cash for, couple of thousand, due to the (perceived more than real) difficulty of financing a private party deal.

-Greg

hpoffshore 07-29-2003 09:36 AM

craig223 seems to be a man of "few but firm" opinions.

Ted G 07-29-2003 07:08 PM

Tell us how you really feel Craig:D

Wassup buddy???

offshore score 07-29-2003 07:48 PM

Craig , get as much as you can , But there is not a big line of people for a truck with 180000 miles

OldSchool 08-06-2003 02:32 PM

SOLD!!!!! Everything is coming together at just the right time.:D Got a 2500 Burb last night and sold the Tahoe this morning...funny how things work out:D :D

For those with inquiring minds....$6200

Craig

Budman 08-11-2003 09:02 AM

One thing that will hurt the value of this Tahoe is the year model. It's the last year of the Throttle Body motor. This means less HP. The Vortec motor would REALLY help the value of this Tahoe.
Buck,

Are you saying that the 96's and up are not throttle body, or that they have the Vortec heads? I have looked at several 96-99 GM's with the Vortec, and they all look to be throttle body. If they are port-injected, they did a good job hiding the injectors. Looks like GM went to the port injection setup on the new-generation 5.3's and 6.0's.

I have looked at a '95 Tahoe that is for sale by a local dealer for $6800. It has 131K on it, but looks to be in pretty nice shape. It does have the 4WD shift on the floor instead of the dash-mounted button. As GregP mentioned, the dealer is having a tough time unloading it because of financing. It is in a blue-collar part of town where most people don't have the cash available. The dealer wants it off the lot pretty bad - I might make a low-ball offer. The main downside to this one is that it has the 3.42 gears instead of the 3.73's.

I'm looking for a cheap tow vehicle, because I can't justify having 15K or better tied up in something that sits most of the time (unless it is appreciating like the old ragtops!) The dealer has offered to let me take the '95 home to check it out, so I might just hook it up to the boat and find a long hill and see what it can do.

Craig, with 182K on yours, you did real well to get $6200 out of it.