Notices

New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Just wanted to warn anybody thinking of buying a new Ford with the 6.0 psd.

We have an 03 Excursion with 9000 miles on it. At 3000 miles the rear main seal failed and had to be replaced.

The air conditioning does not work properly, although it did get better after they recharged it, it still does not work like it should.

The turbo had to be replaced last week, and now the POS is back in the shop this morning.

The Techs at ford don't know why the vehicle is having problems this time, but it seems to be related to the turbo again. When they replaced it last week it was only making 3# instead of the 20+ that it is supposed to.

Our friend just bought the same vehicle and has about 3000 miles on it and is also having similar problems.

When I called Ford customer service they were of know help at all.

We are contacting a lemon law lawyer today that is supposed to be good. Now we have to figure out what to get instead. I wish Chevy had the Diramax in the Suburban.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Btw,

Our boat is stuck at a shop in Havasu now with no way to tow it back to San Diego. I am so pissed, I will never buy another Ford
Old 07-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered

Mine has been just AWESOME Chris! Don't write it off yet. Every manufacturer has a few bad apples, but don't throw out the whole bunch! I'm tellin you.....that new engine and tranny is awesome if it works (like mine).
Old 07-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Registered

I bet the Excursion wasnt too cheap.

I see a Suburban in your future!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a 3/4 Suburban with the 496 in it, and it pulls great. Empty it gets 14 on the highway, and averages 12. Loaded it gets about 10.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Btw,

Our boat is stuck at a shop in Havasu now with no way to tow it back to San Diego. I am so pissed, I will never buy another Ford

Wanna borrow mine to go pick it up?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by WARPARTY36
I have a 3/4 Suburban with the 496 in it, and it pulls great. Empty it gets 14 on the highway, and averages 12. Loaded it gets about 10.
What am I doing wrong? I get about 9.5 on a '03 GMC Yukon XL 2500 with 8.1L (496) and a 3.73 rear end.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 6.0 Ford as well and have had no problems except for a rough idle. Some are having nothing but problems.

One of the turbo failer problems is due to faulty injectors dumping fuel and filling the crankcase. This dilutes the oil and the turbo is first to go. For more info check out www.thedieselstop.com

As far as the Duramax, my buddy has a new one and has gone through 3 motors!

Ford has been buying back some trucks so you may get lucky. Get a new one, I love mine!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Wanna borrow mine to go pick it up?
Thanks for the offer Nort, I will see what happens at Ford. If they can make the thing work for at least a day without breaking I can go pick it up. I have AAA towing for the boat if it breaks.

Hopefully you don't have any problems with yours, Gerard is having problems with his already.

We got rid of a suburban to buy the Excursion, we might be going back. I just hate going back to a gas motor.

Old 07-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Registered

ASK YOUR FORD DEALER ABOUT THE INJECTOR PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE GOING TO FACE IN THE NEAR FUTURE TELL HIM TO REPLACE THEM ALL

Quick Reply: New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.