O.T. Leave it to Flori-duh !!

Notices

O.T. Leave it to Flori-duh !!

Old 05-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.T. Leave it to Flori-duh !!

Muslim Woman Sues to Wear Veil for License
Tue May 27, 8:10 PM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By MIKE SCHNEIDER, Associated Press Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. - A Muslim woman suing to keep her veil on for her driver's license photo took the stand Tuesday, saying Florida's insistence on photographing her face violates her religious rights.

AP Photo

"I don't unveil ... because it would be disobeying my Lord," said Sultaana Freeman, 35.

Both sides planned to call experts in Islamic law at the nonjury trial, which was to continue Wednesday. A copy of the Quran was entered into evidence.

Freeman, a convert to Islam previously known as Sandra Kellar, wore her veil for the photo on the Florida driver's license she obtained after moving to the state in 2001.

Nine months later, she received a letter from the state warning that it would revoke her license unless she returned for a photo with her face uncovered.

Freeman claims her religious beliefs require her to keep her head and face covered out of modesty and that her faith prohibits her face from being photographed.

Her attorneys argued that state officials didn't care that she wore a veil in the photo until after the Sept. 11 attacks, an allegation the state denies.

"This is about religious liberty. It's about whether this country is going to have religious diversity," said Howard Marks, an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union (news - web sites) of Florida.

Assistant Attorney General Jason Vail argued that having an easily identifiable photo on a driver's license is a matter of public safety.

"It's the primary method of identification in Florida and the nation," Vail said. "I don't think there can be any doubt there is a public safety interest."
Old 05-28-2003, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Driving is a privilage, not a right. Follow the laws ***** or don't drive. Sick of this crap.

Fine, don't disobey your lord...but don't expect to disobey our laws either.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Registered

EXACTLY !!

Who the FUK do these people think they are ??

Sooooo many times these a-hole lawyers are too concerned w/ making a name for themselves w/ some high profile Bu!ll**** case, instead of being concerned w/ public safety.

Last edited by Chris232; 05-28-2003 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Like Michael Savage says in his latest book "The Savage Nation", diversity is peversity! Tell that ***** to move to Iraq if she wants to keep her vail on and have a picture taken! This stuff makes my blood boil!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The law is the law.
She needs to drop the veil and have her picture taken like everyone else.
She's not even an Arab, her real name is Sandra Kellar who converted to Islam. WTF?? She knows the laws a well as we do.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Jeff

I say take her out and cane the biotch and the lawyer. She doesn't need a lisence to work in a Hogie Mart anyway. What next black guys in ski masks? I am real eff'n sick of the Muslim BS.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Registered

BS. Our justice system should have a review panel that looks a "stupid " cases. Those people should then be prosecuted, if for nothing else...being stupid. They are wasting our tax dollars on stupid crap like that. It's just like the people that sue cigarrete companies. People that have placed lawsuits against fast food companies because they are fat because of the food. There has got to be an end to this. There is a common denominator though. These people just do not have "common sense." You don't learn that in a class. You pick it up along the way or it's instilled in you via your upbringing. To me, people without common sense that place law suits like these should be prosecuted themselves. I'm pissed.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:48 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: O.T. Leave it to Flori-duh !!

I am not certain but in most of the muslim countries I think women can't even drive. So she should sue also in Iran, Saudi Arabia and so forth. Maybe the ACLU can help her over there!

I have nothing against the laws of Islam she wants to oblidge too, it is her choice. The laws of the state say you need a picture on your driving license then if it's against her belief to oblige to that law she shouldn't drive, case closed.

To quote Dennis Miller;
"The A.C.L.U. should get A. C.L.U. E."

Last edited by GLH; 05-28-2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Driving is a privilage, not a right. Follow the laws ***** or don't drive. Sick of this crap.

Fine, don't disobey your lord...but don't expect to disobey our laws either.
What Daze Said!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Registered

i'm not sure what the problem is. hell I encourage it. some of those women need more than a veil to cover up their ugly mug shots. i'd rather look at her veil than her mustache and side burns.

Quick Reply: O.T. Leave it to Flori-duh !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.