Notices

28 magnum

Old 05-29-2003, 03:20 PM
cartman

Hey mag27 do you have any pics? what kind of power are you running?

Old 05-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert,sorry about posting george instead of Robert but I guess I was still thinking about that Lauderdale race Ben was talking about.I wanted to say also that the day i met the fellow who had owned Vixen it was after a polker run here in Ft. Myers and he was about 3 sheets in the wind and I didnt put to much stock in what he was babbling about.The only thing I do know is she was issued a title by the state and she never had any no.on the hull.Also when we were at the Magnum factory they had no record of her being built.I guess she could have been built any time and seeing she looked like a 72 thats what they titled her as. I know every Magnum owner I have taulked to give thier dry whgt.at 5600 to 5800 lbs an thats what makes me purty shore she is kevlar.And also trying to drill thrue her to change anything is real pain.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cartman,go to WWW.TEAMVIXENRACING.COM,its our web sit and you can see all the pictures of Vixen you want.
Shevixen built and maintains the sit and its her part of the team. MAG27
Old 05-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THanks bob

I have a 27 magnum called Runaway its 1972 and Still a great race boat.

She`ll be back racing in july in P4 class

Mike Merola
Old 05-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres a picture of my boat
Attached Thumbnails 28 magnum-x01.jpg  
Old 05-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fever Mike,your opening a real can of worms here but it is kind of interesting.I will tell you what I know, first back about 2 years ago at the Lauderdal race i met Geo, Katrinas son. He taulked about bringing back the 27 Mag.for factory 1 and a lot of other things.About a couple months later I heard they had gotten the molds for the hull out but there was no top deck molds,also I believe when the man that bought Deranged needed a top deck they made him one for a Maltess wich is a later model boat.Now if Arronow took the top deck molds when he sold the co.he could sell any amount of Magnums under the table on a Cig. hull and with out no. who would know the difference.Espesially if these were going into the drug trade.Just a thought Mike. Mag27
Old 05-29-2003, 09:31 PM
cartman

I went to look at the boat today definately set up for racing. #'s B39 name is Thirsty Pilgrim looks like it may have had another name at some time. there is no hull # just a small aluminum plate with #'s 28056075 where hull # should be and a big wooden plack inside in front of engine compartment with #'s 935659 abpa #'s ? can anyone help with some history on this boat.

Old 05-29-2003, 09:56 PM
Too slow

Cartman i heard that "thirsty pilgrim" was at Coughlan Machine in Norwood Mass..is that where you saw it? Tom Coughlan Throttled on that boat at one time, I dont know how long ago. There was a picture of it at Coughlan machine getting BIG air. Ive been meaning to go look at it ..i think old Magnums are cool..

Old 05-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Registered

Hey guys:

I just wanted to throw in a small request! I maintain a Magnum Showcase page on our TeamVixenRacing.com website and I would LOVE for you old Magnum owners to send me a picture and some info to add to the page! I have about 7 boats on display: Short Circuit, White Knight, Grumpy Old Men, Deranged (soon to be Pirate Racing), and a few other privately owned boats from around the world.
Here is a link to the page:
http://www.teamvixenracing.com/Magnum%20Showcase.htm
Thanks!!!
Shevixen
Old 05-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe I can clarify some things. The 28' Magnum race hull (Like Maltese Magnum or White Knight) was spashed, shortened and cut down to become the 27 Magnum Sport (Deranged, Vixen, Grumpy Old Men)
The 28' Magnum Race hull was also splashed and cut down to become the 28 Cigarette. The Strakes were widened for the 28 Cigarette to help it plain better.
The 28' Maltese Magnum is the same hull as the raceboat, but with a different deck.
Then there were multiple other splashes of all these boats.
I think I have this accurate, I really need to get a life!

Quick Reply: 28 magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.