Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cincinnati Offshore Grand Prix - free rooms (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51379-cincinnati-offshore-grand-prix-free-rooms.html)

Cincinnati Race 06-02-2003 08:31 AM

Cincinnati Offshore Grand Prix - free rooms

"News about Free rooms for Cincy Race..."

It was nice to see everyone in Eastlake, too bad the weather didn't cooperate... the Cincinnati Offshore Grand Prix should make up for any disappointments - www.cincinnatirace.com

Here is the situation with Free rooms for the Cincinnati Offshore Grand prix. A while back, our committee, the Cincinnati Offshore Racing Association, put up an offer of FREE hotel rooms to the first 10 entries, that number of free rooms advanced to the first 30 entries. We were attacked with faxes and calls for the free rooms, which is wonderful, however, I can't do anything for those callers until I have a check for $550 in hand. So this is how the free room situation will work because we cannot afford:

The first race teams to send in their registration fees of $550 along with their registration forms will receive the special offer of free rooms for the weekend.

Thank you to the 24 teams that have already paid registration, your rooms are taken care of.

Some of you have been calling the hotels to book their promised free rooms. This is not the way it should be done. Once you are a qualified recipient of a free room, that room will be booked through the C.O.R.A, not through the hotel.

On your registration form and check please note in the "memo" the room type you request. Ie, Smoking, non-smoking, Double beds, etc.

If you are a paying race team, feel free to contact the hotel of your choice and let them know you are with the race to receive the best rate available.

Also remember, the Hannaford suites and the Marriott Courtyard are no longer representatives of the Cincinnati Offshore Grand Prix. Please, if you have rooms booked there, cancel and book with one of the other hotels listed on the cincinnatirace.com website.

Reindl Powerboats has agreed to pay for any rooms that are not covered by the hotels since two of them lied to us. We will have 30 teams with comped rooms.

Fax entries to: 513-794-1999 and send registration fees and make checks payable to:

Cincinnati Offshore Racing Association.
4419 Linden Ave.
Cincinnati OH 45236

Thanks you,

Terrah Lee
(513)543-7736
[email protected]
www.cincinnatirace.com

Terrah Lee
(513)543-7736
[email protected]
www.cincinnatirace.com

packinair 06-02-2003 11:42 AM

Terrah, Great to see you guys again this weekend, after hearing about the festivities you guys have planned for the cinnci race there is no way we will miss it.....

KenD 06-02-2003 07:26 PM

OK, Let's see if I've got this straight...

If I'm racing, book the rooms through you to get the free room.

If I'm not racing, book through the hotel on your list for a discount rate.

Sounds simple.

Now, what is this I'm hearing about the Prospect Posse wanting to build a beach along the race course. Rumor has it that they are trying to send a couple of barge loads of sand your way for some some kind of a beach party.

Better watch those guys....this could be a Trojan Horse

Cincinnati Race 06-02-2003 10:22 PM

So I hear the entire Posse is coming up for the race. Is the rumor true? We look forward to seeing you here at the event!

www.cincinnatirace.com

KenD 06-03-2003 04:29 AM

Last word was that the Prospect Posse will be invading Cinci by land, water, and air.

Send the women and children to the house...

Allan4 06-03-2003 10:12 AM

New Richmond (race site) gets 50k for their annual fall event (New Richmond River Days). This upcoming Cinti Grand Prix run in conjunction with the New Richmond Boat and RV show on the same weekend......what da ya think? There's gonna be alot of people at this event, you can bet on that.

Should be tons of fun....especially seeing as WEBN 102.7fm is invovled. They are the same radio station that puts on the annual WEBN fireworks each Labor Day....the largest fireworks display in the nation, along with all other sorts of craziness......

Just 2 1/2 weeks till race day!:)

Cincinnati Race 06-05-2003 06:23 PM

A week and counting...

SMD5505 07-10-2003 01:50 PM

Chris, so much for the free room.

I just got my credit card statement and I have been charged for the room at the Cincinnatian. How did that happen?

Sounds like an unauthorized charge to me.

Please explain.