Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Party on the Cal Sag (Chicago)!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51382-party-cal-sag-chicago.html)

MrCIG 06-02-2003 08:57 AM

Party on the Cal Sag (Chicago)!!!!!!!

Party June 7, 2003 on the Cal Sag River. Temulac Boat Clubs annual Open House Party is this Saturday.
It is held at the New Riverdale Marina (Formerly Triplex) at 130th. and South Halsted Street in Riverdale, IL
The party starts at 5:00 and goes til Midnight. We will have a Live Band, Food, Drinks, Raffles Etc.
Come out and have a great time. It will give you all a chance to meet some great people and start the boating season off with a bang.
It is approx. 9 Miles from Lake Michigan on Cal Sag River entering form 103 rd street and the lake (south end). Or you can put in at the Alsip ramp and its just a couple miles away.

There are slips available by calling 708-849-2200. Come see the new renovations the new owners have done.

Come by boat or car it’s a great party.

Hope to see you there.

Mark
:cool:

fred 06-02-2003 10:44 AM

How you doing Mark,....hey off the subject....last year I had a post about plumbing a center riser exhaust up on my boat and you said I could run the 4 slotted hole type riser gaskets and just run the one 1" feed line from the thermostat housing to the bottom fitting on the exhaust manifolds...I am getting some water (milky oil) in both engines...did you have the cast type risers on when you did yours?....I may have unequal torque on them..didn't use a torque wrench....also did you use any sealer on the gaskets when you did yours?....Thanks for any info you may have, Fred

MrCIG 06-02-2003 11:42 AM

Hey Fred I had the cast Risers and the 4 hole gaskets. I never had a problem with them. I didn't torque to any thing special. Make sure there is not a double gasket on them sometimes they are hard to see. Don't use any sealer as ir will burn out from the exhaust. Hope this helps

Mark

fred 06-02-2003 01:10 PM

I have to check the amount of height from the riser to the tailpipes...someone said a min. of 4" drop do you recall how much lower your tailpipes were from the risers? it could also be that the idle was way too low... around 600rpm's the boat is at the marina now so I am going to check it out this weekend...replace gaskets, change oil and filters...I hope that is all....nothing else makes any sense...wish me luck!....Fred

MrCIG 06-03-2003 07:38 AM

Weather is looking good for a river run on Saturday 75 and Partly Sunny. To cold for the big lake it will only be 65 out there,
Come on down

PatriYacht 06-03-2003 09:07 AM

What exactly is the Cal sag. I just started boating on Lk. Michigan recently.

lucy 06-04-2003 08:09 AM

it is a beautiful oasis off lake michigan. palm trees, clear water and a stones throw from scenic lake calumet. so stop by and say hi.

cya lucy...

candyman35 06-05-2003 12:09 AM

Originally posted by lucy
it is a beautiful oasis off lake michigan. palm trees, clear water and a stones throw from scenic lake calumet. so stop by and say hi.

cya lucy...

:D :D :D
I don't think I have ever heard it described that way before. :p :D Just makes you want to go for a swim!!!!!!
Dan

Quiet Storm 06-05-2003 06:39 AM

Somebody should tell 40scarab the truth before they show up with there swimming suits and floating cushions.:eek: :crazy:

PatriYacht 06-05-2003 08:48 AM

That looks like a great place. South side of Chicago. Should I bring my handgun?:crazy: