Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run Spectators Get Together. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51615-nyc-poker-run-spectators-get-together.html)

checkmate981 06-06-2003 09:37 PM

Hot boat,
Where are you guys lauching from? We were going to lanch from Albany or Catskill but we are going alone and thinking of trailering closer to the City.
DAve

Hot Boat 06-06-2003 11:34 PM

Dave the best place to launch is at the newburg ramp at Gullies . It's a free ramp with parking. Its 10 minutes from the I 87 off exit 17 or maybe 18........ its late and I cant think straight, if you need direction please tell me. its east to find. This is also the area where most of us hang out and where we will probably end up after the run to get lunch and hope to see some cool plains in the air. Lets just hope for some great weather. we need it .

Hot Boat 06-06-2003 11:38 PM

dckrafft How you been. last time we talked you were busy working on the house . I hope all is well and looking forward to seeing you on the river this season. Thanks for your post in the tech section

Paul

Hot Boat 06-07-2003 04:55 PM

ttt

dckrafft 06-07-2003 08:36 PM

Well.... I am still working on the house-almost 3 years now, but that is another story. I did take some time out today to work on the boat. I somehow managed to misplace the battery and the flame arrester. I hope to find them and start it up tomorrow. If no problems arise I would like to test it out some afternoon late in the week-just to make sure it is up to the beating it will get on Saturday. How is your project coming along? I read a post of yours stating that the top 1/2 of your engine was apart, I hope it is nothing serious. If you are going to test it out some afternoon before Saturday let me know. I will get in touch with you during the week. My cell number is (914) 805-9576.

dckrafft 06-08-2003 07:34 AM

Dave

I hope that you can make the run with us. Take I87 south to exit 17 (Newburgh). Follow the signs after the toll to I84 (first right). Take I84 east to exit 10 (last exit before toll/bridge). At the bottom of the ramp turn right on to 9W south, then make the first left on to North Street (approx. 200') North Street runs into Marine Drive and the launch ramp is approx. 1 1/2 miles on the left, right next to Gully's bar/restaurant.

Dave

checkmate981 06-08-2003 07:16 PM

Thanks for the directions .
Is anyone leaving from there ? If so what time are you leaving.I have been down that way but I don't no where anything is.Do you guys no where we could dock overnight down there ?
Dave

dckrafft 06-08-2003 08:07 PM

I will be launching from Newburgh, Paul and a few others launched there last year also. I will be there around 9:00am. As far as overnight accommodations go I am not too sure. Paul might have some information on that. Quite a few new docks went in over the last year.

checkmate981 06-19-2003 09:44 PM

dckrafft,
It was nice meeting you.How did you make out with your trailer.
DAve