Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Updated news for the 1000 Islands...! >

Updated news for the 1000 Islands...!

Notices

Updated news for the 1000 Islands...!

Old 05-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated news for the 1000 Islands...!

Hey there guys and gals, How is the season starting off for everyone.. Hope the boats are running well and things are good. I had a good talk to one of our committee members yesterday and things look on the up and up.Which is good. He asked me to check in with everyone on here to make sure things are good and to expect a good run this year once again. I was also told that a strong rumor is the APBA is going to have KILO runs right here in the heart of the 1000 Islands.That would be icing on the cake for an already great weekend. I would love to see some of them boats I see on TV all the time. I guess time will tell. I look forward to hearing back from you guys and maybe even some new comers as well. And if anyone is talking to any of the Ferrentino brothers send them my way please... Take care everyone.
http://www.gananoquepokerrun.com/pokerrunnews.htm
Old 05-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Hustler 26

Jay_98ca. nice to hear about the Gan run. I too am glad to see it is still departing for there. However I am alittle confused. When I checked your link and clicked onto the route it showed A-bay as a stop. I thought they had removed all U.S. stops because of the customs issue? Could you please clarify this? Thanks.

Old 05-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Registered

A-Bay is supposed to be taken out completely.Maybe they haven't decided on the final stop or should I say replacement one.So I am going to guess they just left the old map up to give new people and idea of how it works and where they go. If and when I hear of the new course I will let everyone know.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Hustler 26

Smile

Thanks

Old 05-25-2003, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I knew it was taken out but Ill be staying there
Alex bay
Old 06-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Registered

Well I said I would try and get some more info,I have some details but not all are worked out yet completely. I was talking to one of our committee members the other day and got quite a shock when I asked if there was any more news.I told him I wanted a copy of the new route with the distance and everything so I could post it on here for everyone to make plans. Well the one thing he was sure of and we all are is the fact that Alexandria Bay is out for sure, What got me is, So is Brockville,Prescott,Rockport. This is all still tentative. But apparently the new route is going West out of Gananoque. So as soon as things are finalized and settled I will get a copy scanned and posted for everyone. I am kinda excited about the idea.I think some of you guys will be too. Get to open it up on Lake Ontario. Talk to you all later,I hope this makes a few people wonder. Take care everyone.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:50 AM
Registered

I took the chance before logging off,And can you believe it,Power boating actually UPDATED there site..... So I'll leave the link for everyone and this confirms the route for 2003.
[URL=http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/schedule/1000islands03.html]
Old 06-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Registered

Here's the tentative map of the new route .....
http://www.gananoquepokerrun.com/routemap2002.htm
Old 06-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Hustler 26

The link didn,t work. If the run is heading west what stops are there besides Kingston? And if they plan on going out on the lake what are their plans if the wind decides against them This could turn out to be some run.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 PM

the other new news for the TI is that IT DID NOT RAIN TODAY!!!

Quick Reply: Updated news for the 1000 Islands...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.