Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SOTW Poker Run WEATHER FORECAST... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51731-sotw-poker-run-weather-forecast.html)

KAAMA 06-06-2003 07:15 AM

SOTW Poker Run WEATHER FORECAST...

As it stands at 8AM Friday, I just watched the local report for the Grand Haven area. Sunny today at about 50*, rain is off to the west and is supposed to move into the area by the evening and rain through the night (which is fine if it MUST rain).

By Saturday the rain and the clouds will be clearing up right around 10AM and it will remain sunny for the rest of the day and about 70*.

Sunday they are saying will be sunny until about 3-4pm then it will rain again.

With a forecast like that, I would say it would be worth taking the chance to come to the event.

So that's the way it stands as of 8am today, Friday June 6, 2003 :)

29scarab 06-06-2003 07:44 AM

KAAMA

You runnin' your boat???

KAAMA 06-06-2003 07:50 AM

Shawn,

No, my hog isn't ready and I just bought a house. I had to take a starter off the port engine for rebuilding, and re-install my drives---just had them rebuilt. Other than that it could have been ready for the water, but my mind is on my new home I just bought and closed on this week and have to move here by the end of the month. It will be a much better situation for me. :)

When do you go back to Texas?

29scarab 06-06-2003 08:20 AM

Congrats on the new home!!

Hope to have a chance to come visit you and check it out!!!

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 06-06-2003 09:31 AM

Mark,
Congragulations on the new home,now you get to be a slave to it and the boat:D and a wife,in case you've gotten married since I last talked to you.......Did you find something in the Grand Rapids area????Hope it has a large shop;) got to have your priorities....
Any idea what kind of winds to expect tomorrow???
Steve

Tigger 06-06-2003 09:39 AM

congrats on the new house....

sgrady 06-06-2003 10:55 AM

Since my boat is not ready, is there a good place to watch the kilos ?

KAAMA 06-06-2003 12:34 PM

Scott, the south side of the jetty/channel that connects Lake Michigan to Lake Muskegon. You'll want to be on the east end nearest Lake Muskegon where you can walk along the channel's sea wall. There is an old WWII submarine called the USS Silversides moored along the jetty/channel. There are signs that lead to the USS Silversides from the highway, but I don't know exactly where they begin. Anyway, it's near the USS Silversides and maybe 100-200 yards east of it that you'll need to be for a good vantage point. You'll figure it out once you see it.

A friend of mine who lives in Michigan City said he saw the IMCO boat sitting in a hotel parking lot and wanted to get a few pictures of the drives----quite sure the boat is on its way to SOTW.

I would talk more, but I have to scoot!

BTJ88 06-06-2003 01:04 PM

is there a good place to watch the kilos ?
The kilos are going to be in the South East portion of Muskegon Lake. Stretching from approximately Great Lakes Marina NE towards the mouth of the Muskegon River. From land the closest vantage point will be on the South side of Muskegon Lake in Downtown Muskegon. From the course map it looks like Heritage Landing will be the best spot. Unless they will have the Mart Dock open. That would put you within a couple hundred yards. :D

If you need directions, feel free to give me a call. 231-740-2290

-Brian

sgrady 06-06-2003 02:17 PM

Thanks, we may be there !

BTJ88 if we go I will give you a call.

Thanks

Scott