Notices

Pulse drive or Arneson

Old 05-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Pulse drive or Arneson

Who on this board has a Pulse drive, or Arneson. What power is behind it, and did you compare the two before buying, thanks Jeff
Old 05-11-2003, 08:47 AM
import

I did the same comparison 10 years ago on a diesel powered Cary. I chose Arnesons at that time because Pulse were just beginning and they didn’t have a large prop selection, and they only had their long thin drive that looked ugly.

I now have a 38 Scarab with 800’s and Pulse Drive’s maneuverability is much better than Arneson’s. The housing gives protection over the prop and the new drives look a lot cleaner than before. One of the best aspects of the Pulse Drive is that they have few moving parts, and all the parts are made of composite or stainless steel.

The only down side to date is the perceived value loss. I have spent close to $300,000 on this boat since I had it. If I sold it now I’d be lucky to get $150,000. However, I’d be looking at the same scenario regardless of what drive system I chose. I could have spent a lot more for #6 drives and I would still be looking at taking a loss on the sale.

Old 05-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

arneson proven behind everything
Old 05-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Byron

I would think the Arneson would have better resale. They have been the best for years.

Old 05-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Scorer83

Arneson without question - just look at their history and think to yourself, WHY doesn't any of the TOP World Records include a pulse drive? Man, first thing they need to do is change the name, It does't even sound cool!

Old 05-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Whether the name is cool or not, is inmaterial to me. I realize Arneson has been around longer and has proven it self , what are the disadvantages to Arneson, like around the docks, around a sweeping turn at 40-70, stuff like that. I'm looking for reasons to go with Arneson or Pulse over each other, which would handle dual quad rotor Whippled 1000 hp motors in a heavy boat. Thanks Jeff.

PLEASE, GIVE ME FEED BACK
Old 05-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JASSMAN :

As you know I just replaced my Speedmasters III-A with the Pulse Drive. I personaly like it better than the Anerson but wait one more week before you make a final decission because I will be testing my new drives and we will post results here.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

www.pulsedrive.net
Attached Thumbnails Pulse drive or Arneson-pulsedriverear.jpg  
Old 05-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dr. Santiago, nice set up, looks clean and professional. What made you pick Pulse over Arneson. Please let me know the handling characteristics around the docks, from their video it looks liked they changed a few things, thanks for your help.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

The "list" of what I like better than the Anersons
1) Simple system
2) Easier around the docks
3) Propellers protected by the rudders, in other words if I hit a pole or wall when reversing the rudders will hit first and then the "swim platform". And if you get in shallow waters the rudder will hit first, not the prop.
4) Friendlier for swimmers when in the water. It will work as a "step" when boarding.

The photo belongs to "Imongo" and his Cigarette.
Now try to do what "his" girls are doing with regular drives or an Anerson.
Attached Thumbnails Pulse drive or Arneson-imongo.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Santiago; 05-13-2003 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Pulse drive or Arneson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.