Notices

OT: Our Company Pet...

Old 06-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Saw some stupid crap on TV this weekend. Some show about "stupid people".

This dense gator wrangler was showing off for his penny-ante crowd at his "world famous gator show". This doofus was rasslin a gator about 10 foot long. He had his mouth open and was holding hi,m like that for pictures.

Some toothless woman with a halter top hollered for him to stick his head in his mouth. Doofus happily obliged, apparently hoping to get some white trash action from miss toofless. All was well until a drop of sweat from hoghead landed on gatorboy's tongue.

Big teeth sunk deep into the fleshy meathead of Doofus. Doofus DID have huge arms and was a visibly powerful man, but there was no way he was going to spring that jawtrap. Gator tried to spin Doofus in a death spin but Doofus was anchored pretty well.

A bunch of guys piled on, and somebody stuck a 2x4 into the gator's mouth. I don't think they so much PRIED the mouth open as much as the gator just didn't like the taste of the wqood or something. Anyhow, gator let Doofus go. Doofus had skull damage and a bunch of deep bloody holes in his head.

They interviewed him afterwards, and all I can figure is that he survived with no permanent damage because he and the gator both share prune-sized brains...
Old 06-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blackened Gator tail taste great.

Hey Bust-a- maybe you should have feed the raw chicken to the homeless, that would get them to leave.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Steve1,
That's the best idea I've heard in a long time!!!

Right on, Allan!.......what's wrong with that picture??

Good stuff, guys!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

Gators are cool.....well when they live in Florida. That was the first thing I wanted to see when I went to Florida. I don't think I would want to get very close to one though.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Bust-a- maybe you should have feed the raw chicken to the homeless, that would get them to leave.

No that just makes them multiply.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

WHOA there not to good of a pet to have, watch out he might bite off your legs if you get to close.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Baja Daze

Actually, gators are pretty well protected, like Johno said, until they attampt some unscrupulous activities...Like attacking someone.

We used to have two or three, now we're down to only this one. He's fairly new, though...All these little lakes around here are interconnected so they travel around.

One of the others we had did a number on some old lady walking her dog next to the lake....The dog didn't make it, and the lady almost didn't either...Of course, she thought it wise to try and save little Foo-Foo...

Despite the numerous "Private Property - No Tresspassing" signs, We felt it best to rid the lake of the gators for fear of some stupid lawsuit...A quick call to a local trapper netted us a nice souvenier skin and a Barbeque lunch with gator tail.

You mean they're still protecting these things? I thought they were off the list because they had become a nuisance. I bet they come off the list should one crawl up into Jeb’s yard?

Roby
Old 12-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is now a very short season for gator. You can put your name on a lottery list to be chosen for a permit. Still, it's hardly putting a dent in the population. They're everywhere. They are tasty, though, and can be had in almost every half-way decent resteraunt here!
Old 12-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just outside of our company entrance there's a drainage ditch that connects to a large lake. Several time this year we had a 4-6 footer swimming around.

H2OCowgirl, You don't want to get anywhere near one. I was shocked when my daughter said her (2nd grade) teacher taught the class how to run away from one. Never run in a straight line, always run a zig-zag pattern becuase the gator can't change direction quickly when running on land.
And if you don't think a gator can jump, guess agin. The Gatorland Park has a show where they feed chicken parts to the "population. I've seen them jump 5+ feet straight up out of the water to get the food. One employee said she saw one jump up out of the water to grab a bird from a tree.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Registered

Funny story here---I was painting the radio towers for the city of Punta Gorda several years ago, one tower is next to a pond. Well, from up high I could see 2 gators swimming around in the pond. My helper was on the ground and decided to take a little nap. I ran out of paint and needed him to send me up a new can and can't raise him on the radio. I can see he's snoozing, so I dropped the empty can about 5 yards from him. BANG! When he looked up I started screaming on the radio that a gator was right behind him!(it wasn't of course) The guy SCORCHED a path thru the weeds and stuff and scurried about 10 feet up the tower yelling WHERE? WHERE?
I like to fell from 200' I laughed so hard. He didn't nap on me again.

Quick Reply: OT: Our Company Pet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.