Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thunder on the Chesapeake Bay Poker Run !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51806-thunder-chesapeake-bay-poker-run.html)

Pwrbt33 06-07-2003 06:58 AM

Thunder on the Chesapeake Bay Poker Run !!

So, how many of you are willing to bring your machines up to the Chesapeake Bay for another great Poker Run? Well, on June 27 and 28 we will be having another great run as we did last year! If you were there last year you don't want to miss the fun this year.
Anyone interested can call Mears Point Marina at 410-827-8888. It looks like it is being limited to the first 75 boats so you better get in soon if you want in.

~ Entry fee is $650.00 Includes one driver w/one hand and one mate w/one hand
~ Additional participants $175.00
~ Additional hands $75.00

Another item to look at, if you haven't had a summer get ready look over on your boat, Give us a call at Offshore Performance so we can get you in and out before the Poker Run. Call the service dept. at 410-827-0200 x-1.

Pwrbt33-John S.
Offshore Performance
1-877-GOFAST1

:D

toolman 06-07-2003 11:41 AM

Where and when are the stops on the run? Would like to watch some of the boats at a card stop or two. We'll be at the C&D canal on sat. 28th. Any stops up near there?

Toolman

R Addiction 06-07-2003 12:07 PM

PWRBT33 , Look on the Poker Run section!!
We'll be there! Too much fun last year to miss it this year!!:D

DIAMONDPERFORMA 06-07-2003 06:25 PM

It's the same weekend as canal day.

R Addiction 06-08-2003 06:15 AM

It's a hard choice.........Canal Day= boats , booze, boobs
Thunder On the Bay= Fast boats, booze(at the parties), boobs. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I'm already set up for the poker run!:p

thunderdan 06-18-2003 09:41 PM

I am hoping to geat some other information on this run. Is there spots that are still available? How many other OSO'ers are going. I was thinking of bringing up the Thunderstorm and maybe one other boat to this event. How would those of you that have done this event rate it. Is it a run for all diffferent size boats, etc.

I have only done local runs in New Jersey that have been put on by the NJPPC so I am not real familiar with this one.

Thanks

VelocityMike 06-18-2003 09:45 PM

Hey if any one is looking for a crew that knows the area I am your man:D No but I have heard this poker run is a good time with lot of power there. If i dont see you guys have fun!!!!

Ted G 06-18-2003 10:26 PM

This poker run last year was nothing but the best of everything. It is pricey but I heard from some very picky people that they were very impressed. We do at least 3 runs every year on the Bay with the CBPBA but our runs tend towards economy rather than excess. The Thunder run is EXCESS:D I will be rope monkey this year on a 40 Fountain and am totally psyched to do this run.

Dan-I'd love to see the AT after following it from mold to completion:)

R Addiction 06-19-2003 06:49 AM

Dan , Come on down! This run is for everyone, big and small, fast and faster. We were the 2nd smallest last year with our 25AT.

Pricey?!!!?.....not if you consider what you get:
1. great location
2. all inclusive party on friday night, lunch at the Nauti Goose (no alcohol during run), Great party saturday night, catered stations last year, not dried up burgers and dogs like the OTHER pricey run!
3. Good show of power last year, OL, Scarabs, Cigs, 140+ mph Cats and of course our ACTIVE THUNDER !!

Contact Kim @ Mears Point Marina 410-827-8888 / [email protected]

R Addiction 06-19-2003 06:50 AM

Breakfast too!!! On saturday morning!!!!:D