Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cincinnati/Newport boat show.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51834-cincinnati-newport-boat-show.html)

bouyhunter 06-07-2003 03:50 PM

Cincinnati/Newport boat show....

Just got home from the in water boat show in Newport KY (Cincinnati).
I'm pretty disappointed.
Prefered power marine had a very nice Donzi 38 zx with a pair of 500's - as well as a 28'.
The only other offshore boats there were Velocity.

Bob Mcneil from Prefered/Donzi spent some time and was happy to walk me through the 38' (even though I'm really interested in a 33').

Velocity had a 32' there, the boat was wearing tags as a record holder for 2002. I spoke with the salesman and asked what class it ran in? He said it ran 82.7 gps in F2. Now this is with a single 496.
HELLO!!!!!
I asked how it ran in F2 with a single 496 - and how could it run in F1 at 32'.

He explained that it ran in F3.
I'm not an expert, - but F3?????? - what would that be? - factory triples?

I asked if maybe it ran in P class.

He was clueless as to what P class was.

I don't want to trash anybody, ( note: no names have been mentioned...).

I got frustarted talking to the guy and was almost at the point of trying to educate him on his own boats. He eventually walked away from me because he couldn't answer my questions.

This left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I think it put down Velocity.

If Velocity wants a sales rep that actually knows something about boats - contact me. I hate to see a good boat maker be brought down by an uneducated ( and apparently uninterested) sales force.

I'm impressed with the boats from Velocity, but if I were to buy one I don't have much confidence in follow up care after dealing with the salesman in Cincinnati.

This is not propaganda.... just a guy that was interested in a boat.

I hope this doesn't hurt Velocity - I'm just pretty pissed that the salesman couldn't even talk on the level of race boats. Maybe he was actually with Bayliner.

birdog 06-07-2003 05:28 PM

Go to captains Cove......They are having a show/sale........
Mitch won't BS you !!!

Reindl Powerboats 06-07-2003 10:23 PM

Bouy you kill me. Looks like you missed our 28 there. We were out on the river giving some long test rides to sponsors of next weeks Cincinnati Offshore Grand Prix and boat show in New Richmond. We will be dialing boats in tomorrow so look for the 24's as well.

Hunter give me a call on the cell if you are free, we are spraying some more gel coat tonight.

bouyhunter 06-08-2003 04:40 AM

Chris,
Sorry I missed you out there. I was there around 12:00, and after that had to go over to the levy with the wife. I would have come out last night to give you a hand.
I will most certainly be at the race next weekend. If you still need a "set of hands" to get things done me and Jody will both jump in to help. Wanted to make it to the eastlake race, but we've both been running12-14 hour days.
I'll give you a buzz this week and see how we can help next weekend.

Bouy