Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scary Incident, what punishment for this jerk? >

Scary Incident, what punishment for this jerk?

Notices

Scary Incident, what punishment for this jerk?

Old 06-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, maybe they will put the guy in the same place as the a$$hole that plowed his Jeep into the back of a stopped golf cart that Team Baja and I were on this weekend
Old 06-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER

Hey, maybe they will put the guy in the same place as the a$$hole that plowed his Jeep into the back of a stopped golf cart that Team Baja and I were on this weekend
You should not drive a golf cart on the interstate, and never, I Repeat NEVER stop on the interstate!!!!!!!!!!

Hope no one was hurt!
Old 06-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by FFO
You guys are all jumping the gun . Unless you saw it with your owe eyes you really don't know what happened . Glad to here no one was hurt .
I'm pretty sure I got the hole story. We were there the entire time waiting for the cop and the wrecked boat to move outta the ramp so I could launch my boat. Then....the dude (his buddy actually, the original driver was being detained) pulled the boat out with the drive still down.....hahahahaha....he deserves it.

Point is, you gotta use your head.....ESPECIALLY if you have kids on board. There is 1000' plus infront of that barge, so it's not like he needed to be where he was....and, the docks are on the other end of the barge.

Full story or not, the boat pulled in under it's own power and he was charged with a crime and he is lucky he did not kill all 5 of them...

NOt trying to preach....I just don't like when kids are involved, that's all.....

Old 06-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Registered

I am 16 and dont think I am that stupid.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen them go under Barlycorns & Waterfront when the river is running hard. STUPID !!!!Stay the hell away !!!
Can't believe you guys went out in that crappy river yesterday !!
To many floaters !!!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I remember something simular happening to a pontoon boat. It seems as though the boat was overloaded and everybody was in front. So many people were in front that the motor was lifted out of the water causing the boat to loose control. Mind you, they were only drifting. They hit a barge and the current was strong enough to pull the pontoon underneith. If I hadn't seen it (on video) I wouldn't of believed it.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Kentz

The river was 38' yesterday, that's a 4-5mph current, what was he thinking

Old 06-09-2003, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yup, bad thing is every time one of those idiots in a bowrider pulls a bonerhead the water coppers go nuts on the go-fast crowd. I saw 2 Hamilton County, 3 ODNR and a CG staging at the marina this weekend. Good thing the run this weekend is in New Richmond....
Old 06-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Allan4

Yeah Dano, you are right on. Some moron about kills a boat full of people so they figure, "time to crack down" and then turn and look directly at us. Like that makes sense......we are some of the safest ones out there, without a doubt.

They pulled over Itllfli Saturday and gave him a DUI test even though he had nothing to drink.....Hahahahaha.....then the guy told him he that "the test results show you have been drinking sir".......oh well....what do you do.

I got yelled at by the same water patrol guy (who was investigating the accident and gave Itllfli the DUI test) for standing on the bow of the boat when we pulled it out of the water.

I guess the guy was having a bad day, hell, I was peeved about the boater almost killing everyone also, so I can't say I blame him. They have a job to do as well, I just hope they don't start going after us for no reason when we are rarely the trouble makers. They are usually pretty good about leaving us be, for the most part. I doubt that will change.

See ya, have fun , be safe.

Old 06-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wasn't the Hamilton County boyzzz was it? I was very surprised to see a patrol boat at the marina again. (The 275 speedtraps must not be generating enough revenue hehe).

The previous staff of Hamilton County people had absolutely no business out on the water. No boating skills or experience just a bunch of Miami Vice reruns for training... they were a major hazard. If they are back in the game I certainly hope they raised the bar on the training (other than administering a breathalyser test) for little things like how to operate a boat...

Glad everyone was ok and Itllfli didn't get boinked. We'll se ya out there.

Quick Reply: Scary Incident, what punishment for this jerk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.