Like Tree0Likes

Scary Incident, what punishment for this jerk?

Old 06-09-2003, 12:26 PM
29Fever

I haven't had any troubles with the law this year. Ofcourse I've only been out twice with this crappy river. Mandy's hasn't been able to launch boats for a week and probably won't be able to for another. I'm ready to move. Getting pretty sick of starting boating season in mid June.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Amy
Registered

We went down to our boat this weekend at Rivertown and the dock is still under water. With all this rain and all that sh** floating in the river, it wil probably be July before the river conditions are good enough for boating. Our friends who are at Watertown say the conditions are the same there. We lost our outdrive last Memorial Day weekend when we hit a submerged log in the river. Lesson learned and now we don't take it out until the river has been clear for sometime. Not worth the risks.

Last edited by Amy; 06-09-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:14 PM
ModMachine

Years back,a pontoon boat full of people lost power while out on a river with a very strong current.The disabled boat drifted fast , backwards, toward a private dock.The driver kept trying to start the motor,but couldn't do a thing and probably had no clue how deep in danger they were.
As soon as the pontoon met the dock ,the power of the current flipped the boat upsidedown and it got sucked right underneath.All the passengers went under the dock too, getting smacked against the pilings.The whole disaster happened in less than a minute.
An 11 year old boy died. It was a very sad story.
BE careful near docks and barges in strong currents!

Old 06-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: Top Gun

Miami Vice Re-Runs !!! LOL.....I have a very vivid picture in my head of all those County boys........Eating Kryspy Kremes &
watching MV !!!
Useless..No-nothings !!! NO boating skills at all !!!
At least teach them something about boat handling !!!!!

SEE-YA THIS WEEKEND BOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette Gladiator

Those idiots knocked a 12" hole in the side of my brand new 31 Scarab back in 1990 when the outdrive of their boat smacked into mine while "investigating" some skank who had her top off (no she wasn't on my boat!)...then they ran over everybodies anchor lines and broke us loose right in the middle of the Labor Day fireworks. Two Fountains and a Velocity were also damaged. It was unbelievable... the wake they were throwing out is what started it and then everybody starts throwing **** at them cans, fireworks...cut anchor lines and...maybe a few pieces of gelcoat, but my memory is a little fuzzy there. Finally the USCG told them to leave what an ungodly waste of mine and other taxpayer money.

Needless to say I was not amused...they didn't pay for any of it. One thing those guys continue to forget is the river is OWNED by Kentucky...they have no jurisdiction at all everything they write is thrown out unless they can prove 10' from Ohio's bank. I refuse to stop or let any Ohio water patrol board without USCG or appropriate KY enforcement present...it's perfectly legal.

Thank the gods the run is in New Richmond...significantly more boater friendly! NOW STOP RAINING AND LET THE DAMN DAM RUN BABY!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette Gladiator

hey...that was 300 posts (too bad it was kinda negative...I'll try better) I should hit 600 sometime in 2006 (hehe). Maybe by then I'll remember how to put those lil' smiley guys in the text...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Allan4

Went testing tonight with one of our old pals......I'm sure you guys willbe able to read all about it in the morning...

Seeya

Old 06-10-2003, 01:04 AM
Registered

All I can say is damn that cat is the shiznits. Good to see all the hard work payed off!!!