Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?" >

Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?"

Notices

Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?"

Old 06-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

No, the point is Skater states they had a "verbal agreement" with the APBA LLC Offshore on this exact issue.

If that is not worth anything, then that says more than you or I ever can.

Skater was not wrong to correct their boat, they were wrong to win in such a manner. Else there should have been a penalty levied after Daytona.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:53 PM
ModMachine

The rule book says there shall be no verbal agreements.They want documentation. Period
Are people here saying certain companies should be allowed to break the rule book, just 'cuz?
If a race committee wants to be respected, they cant let it play both ways.They've got to stick by their rule books.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:01 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by ModMachine
The rule book says there shall be no verbal agreements.They want documentation. Period
Are people here saying certain companies should be allowed to break the rule book, just 'cuz?
If a race committee wants to be respected, they cant let it play both ways.They've got to stick by their rule books.
Unless you are driving an MTI with Buzzi drives............

T2x
Old 06-09-2003, 05:04 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
Skater says they had a verbal agreement. APBA says they didn't. That's a problem.

Now can you understand the importance of a written document granting permission for the changes?
That implies that a written agreement is worth the paper it's written on.....as opposed to a basis for later legal action.

T2x
Old 06-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skater im glad you see the bull of the llc you and who you talked to see eye to eye on this subject full steam a head on your boat best of luck
Old 06-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default <rolling eyes> Go figure. Someone is FINALLY forced to play by the rules...

And here come the vultures out of the woodwork...

Anyone else ever notice how you never see some names offer posts untill there is an opening for a cheap shot at APBA or a chance to stir chit with Mike Allweiss for no reason other than to piss everyone else off?

Obviously you guys are still bent about Reggie leaving APBA because he couldn't/didn't want to play by the rules. But that horse is long since been beat to death so now you want to take up a cause on behalf of Peter and the Spiderman team because they weren't allowed to do as they please and live by their own rules?
Skater is without a doubt one of the best boats on the water, and Todd & Lance are talented and skilled professionals. The time and the R&D that has gone in to the new V bottom is commendable, and the results are impressive. Unfortunately, they skipped parts of the same process that everyone else has had to follow, and are now being called on it.
The sad part is, they now have these yeahoos trying to make a bad situation worse.
If I was Peter,Todd & Lance, I think I'd be embarassed.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gordo ole boy...i don't think that your post is very fair...i for one have always been a supporter of llc and never take cheap shots at anyone...

i also think alot of mike a. for the fact that the answers questions here when he's under no obligation to do so. i think he tries to shed as much light on the current state of affairs as he legally can.

that is not to say i agree with him, but hey, who am i? as i indicated in my pm to miklos, i think the llc is alienating alot of builders out there...and i'm certainly no reggie fan by any stretch, but i don't recall seeing any evidence of him cheating, but then again there's no need to bring that out of the woodwork...

I also think that llc makes it incredibly difficult for smaller builders to compete in the factory classes---especially Factory 1. lastly, i don't think P class is a viable "training ground" for manufacturers. I always viewed it as a place for those small budget teams to "run what they brung".

point is, skater made changes to the v bottom for safety reasons and on the word of AC and they trusted that. now they're forced to pay fines, etc...now i've not heard andrew's side and i have alot of repsect for him, so i'm nt trying to indict him...

this whole issue underscores the need for things like this to be in writing, but to air it here and try to dilute the argument by talking about "past infractions" by DMC is just plain wrong...no matter who started the thread...and i stand by my earlier statement that if, in andrew told me it was okay to add the strakes, then i would add the strakes...paperwork to follow...

now back to our regularly scheduled programming
Old 06-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sean,
I see your point.
I guess I could have been more clear about the few I was actually referring to, but rest assured you wasn't one of them. Offering an honest opinion is one thing, but the personal axe grinding/mud slinging gets old
Having said that, I will say that I respectfully disagree with your previous post. DMC has made quite a bit of money selling boats to various race teams over the years which have raced in various sanctioning bodys. They have used what they learned from those race boats to make a better/safer boat. Something everyone benifits from. I don't think APBA Offshore gained anything specifically from DMC, just as I don't think DMC has gained specifically from APBA offshore. In other words, nobody is riding on anybody elses coat tails here. They are each very successful on their own merits and should be recognized as such.
As for a trend? I do agree with you there, but probably in a different context. I see the trend as one of equal treatment, no matter how good your boat is, how successful your company is, how deep your pockets are or most importantly, what your last name is.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no probs...i do see your point...but we'll have to agree to disagree I think skater has made lot of money from racing, but that really isn't the argument here...I also think that there would be no super cat class if had not been for skater...

mike, i too have spoken with mr corn on a number of occasions. he certainly struck me as a straight shooter...and as i said, i certainly mean the man no ill will.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I heard recently that they received a 250 lbs penalty in addition to the other stuff. Why was this never brought up? Is the boat faster than the rest of the field? Anyone, anyone...

Quick Reply: Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.