Default On the Prowl

Bud Tresch's beautiful 36' Skater, "On The Prowl"
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest......The thank you's-102-0267_img.jpg  
Old 06-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

36' Spectre
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest......The thank you's-102-0252_img.jpg  

Last edited by Philip; 06-09-2003 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A Huge Thanks To All For Skaterfest !!

I just wanted to say thanks for all those that were there . From the people that provided the place , the organizers, the boat builders , designers, racers, the prop man from mercury, the engine builders, the people that brought their boats to show and to give rides , and everyone for just showing up from all over to make it a great weekend !

Saturdays heavy rain realy WOULD have been bad if we didn't get to listen to a great presentation of boat designs and theories, and MOSTLY SAFETEY ! Also want to thank darren for putting together the best colection of video on what can (and does), go wrong if you push your boat too far, and to those who took the time to show us ,and explain why every wreck in the video happened , and how it COULD have been avoided ! BIg egoes and the drive to win can kill in an instant ......... Please consider those seated next to you and driving around you the next time your pushing that throttle .......

Lucky for us the sun came out in full force sunday ,and the boats ROCKED THE BAY !!! I don't know if it's sunburn or wind burn from that awsome ride in "ON THE PROWL" (36 cat with 1000hp fuel injected motors and one of the most beautiful boats on the water ! ) I think it's safe to say we were the fastest boat around that day . Thanks to Dougs professional throttle arm , I felt safe well beyond the "century" mark !! I was also impressed at those motors Doug built and how user friendly they ran ! With digital tachs we idled the no wake zone for miles , with one motor on 910 rpms and the other on 920 rpm's and they never changed all the way through !! Not too bad for monster 1000's ! Great job on the setup Doug !

And can't forget the great party at the board walk grill ! Good food and good times !

NOt sure how this happened but 2 of us Jersey boys got shown around our own town later that night by some fellas from ST. Louis and and a guy from Texas !! The details of said night could not be discussed here .......... SO thanks guys for driving 1500 miles to show US what our own town had to offer !

It's not realy about skaters , It's about great people that love boating in all ways wanting to have fun , and learn about boating and boat safety ! antiques, drag boats , 34' silvertons (John), little inflatables etc. If it floats it's a boat and your at home at Skaterfest !

Too bad so many of you missed coming due to fears of rain . There is never a lack of a good time at Skater Fest !

JOE

Last edited by boot; 06-09-2003 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Registered

Default 36' Spectre

Here is another pic. of one of the beautiful 36' Spectres that Rolf Papke of "Proroc Marine" had at Skaterfest.

Philip
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest......The thank you's-spectre-2.jpg  
Old 06-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Registered

Any more pictures?
Old 06-09-2003, 01:50 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: A Huge Thanks To All For Skaterfest !!

Originally posted by boot
I don't know if it's sunburn or wind burn from that awsome ride in "Indangered Species" (36 cat with 1000hp fuel injected motors and one of the most beautiful boats on the water ! ) I think it's safe to say we were the fastest boat around that day . Thanks to Dougs professional throttle arm , I felt safe well beyond the "century" mark !! I was also impressed at those motors Doug built and how user friendly they ran ! With digital tachs we idled the no wake zone for miles , with one motor on 910 rpms and the other on 920 rpm's and they never changed all the way through !! Not too bad for monster 1000's ! Great job on the setup Doug !

JOE
Thank you for the kind comments Joe...... but the boat you were in is called "On The Prowl"......not "Endangered Species"...... and the owner, Bud Tresh, is a "Treshure"

T2x
Old 06-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Registered

Default The ex kilo run holder

Doug just repowered the Kilo run champ.
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest......The thank you's-102-0270_img.jpg  
Old 06-09-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

Default Ruthless

The business end
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest......The thank you's-102-0258_img.jpg  

Quick Reply: Skaterfest......The thank you's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.