Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Kentucky Lake Poker Run Roll Call >

Kentucky Lake Poker Run Roll Call

Notices

Kentucky Lake Poker Run Roll Call

Old 06-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Boating Fool

Yep, the weather was so crappy today I got a sunburn. And joined the Century club.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boating Fool

I saw you today, you put in right beside me and idled out of KY Dam beside us. I was in my father in-laws Caravelle 21' Interceptor. Was gonna say hi outside the marina but the boat I was in couldnt keep up . I saw you again down by the Quarry, but you cut across the lake and went toward Moors. So how fast is the Talon? After watching the drag races for awhile, we tied up to my friends 35 Fountain in the Quarry and the water police came up to us and had my father in-law and my friend in the Fountain blow a breathalizer Alot of the people in there hauled a$$ out of there while they were checking us. Luckily everyone that had to blow only was .05 . Are they starting to just go up to people in the Quarry while they are parked and doing this on a regular basis ! May have to watch how many boat sodas I have from now on down ther if this is the case! After checking us they went up to some others, we left after that... I got a good pic of the Talon on the digital camera right before you hooked it up to the Excursion ..
Old 06-15-2003, 07:44 AM
Boating Fool

You guys were in a red Dodge weren't you. You should have stopped and said hi or waved us down. We came back out a little later. We took it in and then went back and got the truck. We stayed over at the beach in Smith bay. Never did see the water patrol. That is two weekends in a row that I have heard of them being in there. If you are still down, come to smith bay. It would be like the high banks on the Ohio.

Old 06-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

Boating Fool

Yes we were in a red dodge. I just thought I would wait till we got on the water to say hi, but it did not work out. You probably saw us when we were taking a pic of the Talon. We were too busy looking at your boat and trying to get a pic of it at the time. Yeah the water patrol just came in the quarry and started going up to people at random I may stay away from there if that is how there gonna be. We left Saturday afternoon about 6:00 to come back home. I think one of my friends talked to you, he was in the solid white 24' King Cat.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Boating Fool

Well that is two weekends in a row for that so who knows on the rock quarry. Went back to the beach and no troubles there.

Yeah we did talk to the king cat for a couple of minutes. That is a nice boat.

Don't let the water patrol scare you away. Just stay away from the rock quarry most of the time.

Matt.

Old 06-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Can the water patrol just do that without cause?
Old 06-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Boating Fool

That was topic that me and some other boaters were discussing Friday nite. I really don't have answer. It is illegal in KY to have an open container on water.

Old 06-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally posted by boatfreak28
Can the water patrol just do that without cause?
Same thing I would like to find some answers on? I dont know about if my buddy on the Fountain had any containers open or not, but in the boat I was on we all had a beer open, they never said a word about that, several of us sit and watched the drag boat races for about 3 hours, and patrol boats were all over the place like flys, they never said a word to no-one and everyone around us was drinking? They came up to us in the Quarry and ask for registration,fire extinguisher, life jackets, then ask who was the operator, my father in-law said he was and they ask if he had any alcohol to drink, he said yes a few, then they said we are gonna give you a courtesy breathalizer . Then they did same thing to my buddy in the Fountain, but he let his brother say he was the operator, I guess he was worried about passing the breathalizer. As we were leaving they were going up to another boat doing the same thing. They did not ask if anyone else was drinking, just the boat operator...