Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO gathering at Hardy Dam, Big Rapids, MI....Wette Vette & I wanna know!!! >

OSO gathering at Hardy Dam, Big Rapids, MI....Wette Vette & I wanna know!!!

Notices

OSO gathering at Hardy Dam, Big Rapids, MI....Wette Vette & I wanna know!!!

Old 06-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tinker, I can only make it on Saturday. But Wette Vette and some others will be camping, so they may be there on Sunday.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still looking good!!!

Its hump day and the weekend weather is still looking good. Our group is pretty much ready to haul it up to Hardy early Sat. morn. If anyone reads this that could refresh my memory on which exit to use off of 131 to get to Brower I would appreciate it. The trip up to that point is easy, just can't remember the exit number or directions from 131 to the campground. Foul is correct that we are camping at Brower and hope to do some more boating on Sunday. Thanks and see ya all there!!
Old 06-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Registered

Has the lake thawed yet??
Old 06-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Directions to Hardy Pond from the south:

US 131 North to exit 131, 8 mile road. Stanwood exit. Turn West (left), go over the freeway about 1/4 mile and turn left (south) at the gas station/convenience store onto State Road. This store is a good place to get last minute supplies like pop, chips, ice. Not sure if they sell beer. Take State road until you see the signs for Brower park on your right, perhaps 3 miles total. You can't miss it. Pay the daily launch fee and follow the signs to the boat ramp.

Travis, if I were you, I'd take I-75 north to Saginaw and cut across state on highway M46 until you get to US 131 and then follow the above directions (you'd take 131 north for about 10-11 miles or so). Do not take M21 or I-96 across to Grand Rapids and then go north. It will take you twice as long!!! The only other option I see is perhaps taking highway M57 across (pick that up near Montrose) and then take US 131 north again.

See you all there. I'm planning on being there, at the ramp, around 11:00 if not a bit earlier.

'Foul
Old 06-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oil leak persist's so I cant make it,I'll be upside down trying to fix it before the holiday! Have fun and be carful!!
Don
Old 06-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

Foul.. I just put some things throught map quest and it spit out a few different things.

Map quest says
My house up 75 through saginaw on 46. 129 miles, 3 hrs 23 min drive time

My house down 69 to 96 to GR then up 131....158 miles, 2 hrs 43 min. drive time.

Thats what it says. I was planning on taking the freeway to GR then up 131, I would rather drive that then over across 46. Cause taking 46 through saginaw is a very slow drive.

I'll probably talk to you later tommorrow night, I just got done doing concrete work at 8 this evening. I am headed to bed. Haven't touched the boat, still need to change gear oil and re-jet the carb i think. Then change the oil on the truck too.. Its gonna be a late friday night i think. I'll probably leave here sat morning around 8 am.

There are no party stores or resturants on the lake I presume? I'll probably be eating cold burger king food all day

Last one to hardy is a rotton egg
Old 06-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

There is a store on the lake Travis. But you might want to bring some food with you. Long day.

I won't be able to pick up my phone after about 8:00 or so tomorrow night. I'll be busy. Call before that.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Registered

Busy huh whats her name

ok bro.. lata

So far I am by myself for the day. So if any of you have any lonely daughters, let me know. Now I think about it my boat has never had a hot girl in it yet Hook me up boys

NO FAT CHICKS

Last edited by traviss; 06-18-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Registered

Where are you hanging out at the park or one of those coves???
also how is thte ramp under the Freeway?? ..
Old 06-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Not the ramp under the freeway. Brower Park ramp. I'm sure we'll end up in one of the coves at some point. Consumers beach I'd assume.

Quick Reply: OSO gathering at Hardy Dam, Big Rapids, MI....Wette Vette & I wanna know!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.