Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A public thank you to Shane! >

A public thank you to Shane!

Notices

A public thank you to Shane!

Old 06-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Uncle Toys

Default A public thank you to Shane!

It takes a lot of guts to share a negative experience on this board and I for one want to thank you for trying.

To me, this board is all about sharing. It's easy to get on here and tell about positive outcomes. But if we are going to leverage the knowledge and comaraderie of this group, we need to find a way to share the other experiences also!

Old 06-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Steve_H

Thumbs up

well said UT.

just like the rigger in st. louis , Bruce ?
if someone would have spoke up sooner maybe not so many would have been taken.

Old 06-12-2003, 02:46 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Shane is as straight a guy as I have met. Very understated and subdued fellow, unassuming and honest. I would take his word to the bank, and I bet you anything any legal statement he makes could be backed with documentation. He also does'nt revert to adolescent bickering when talking about something as serious as money.
Overall a classy guy, the same as his friends and all I have met thru him.
G.L. Harvie
Old 06-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds as if I missed something here... hmmmmm
Old 06-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kind of........

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=52149
Old 06-12-2003, 03:15 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In the heat of an argument people can drive you to lose your cool. I don't know the other gentelmen and cannot comment but I know Shane.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hmm.. i see now... innnttteerreeessstttiiinnngggg
Old 06-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Registered

I would like to take a moment to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Uncle Toys, GLH, and the many many many others for all the PM's I have received as well as this thread. Uncle Toys and GLH, you are both true gentlemen and have been beyond classy. I have enjoyed IMMENSELY the times we have shared together and I look forward to many more in the future. In the small world of offshore powerboating it is often difficult to stand up for what you believe because you are sure to upset some. I know I have made some people less than pleased, but I believe in speaking the truth and if the truth comes with consequences so be it. I am certainly willing to take my lumps if need be.

Once again THANK YOU for standing by me when many others doubted me. Your friendship and loyalty mean more than words can ever express. I hope you all have a fantastic and trouble free summer and I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

With Warmest Regards,

Shane Mahieu
Old 06-12-2003, 09:27 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Too Old
...When I read reputable accounts of a forum member getting screwed, I might not comment but I damn sure take notice.
Amen.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Registered

Default I totally agree

I have been sitting back and trying to grasp what transpired between these two guys. I formed an opinion some time ago, but decided to sit tight and take a "lets see attitude". I can't agree with UT more. Shane you certainly warned the other members of a potential wreck in the making. I can't believe another one of "US" would treat someone as stand up as Shane with anything other then "Respect". It is truly a shame that Shane had to resort to the court, Judge, and the trial system to find justice. And in this case, justice wasn't served. Mr. Sherman doesn't seem to have any remorse for his actions. I, just like Shane Mahiue would do whatever is needed to help one of our OSO members. I am sorry that Mr. Sherman doesn't see things that way, and pay the people on the board what he owes them. I only wonder why. If you can't afford to make things right, don't make a mockery of the people that are owed money by posting pics. of your vacations. I have also witnessed, like Fred has, the "In your face" attitude, of this guy towards Shane M. all I can say is Shane M, bravo.

Philip
I find it very hard to write anything derogatory about a forum member, I would rather write nothing at all, I just feel Shane's actions should not go unacknowledged

Last edited by Philip; 06-12-2003 at 10:14 PM.

Quick Reply: A public thank you to Shane!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.