Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin >

Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Notices

Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Old 06-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the Force Offshore 32 was in the top 10 to the bridge?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:23 AM
lightningmike

The 32 Force was running hard, but they were not in the top 10 to the bridge. I think they were right behind us in 11th. Because also at the first stop, they were a few boats behind us in line? Not exactly sure, but they were running hard and good for a smaller boat, actually the smallest boat thru the top 11th or so?

Mr Velocity is opening up a whole other thread...no need to comment.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats to charlie tesauro for getting those egg beaters to the bridge in 9th spot...

great job man...see ya at the hot toddy run!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats to all ! I wish I was there .......... Outer42, I think you look the part with that GOLD CROWN on your head !! CONGRATS !

I do think you outerlimits guys cheat though ...... Must be some kind of trick paint job that makes it look like a V bottom when it's not ! Theres no way a V can run away from a cat !! Especialy mine !! One day , I'll show ya !! How much for new blower pullys and a truck load of race gas ?!?!?

WHere's Brad Benson ? Is he on the board ? I know him and he was suposed to be riding his horse that day ! Not boating !

What are the speeds these machines posted ? anyone know ?

JOE
Old 06-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Scott, I been covered in sun tan lotion and wearing my life vest since you first told me about the boat ! When's my ride ?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

The Force boat was directly behind the Eliminator 36 race boat at the first card stop. Bob Leach was #7 or #8 at that first stop. Force was either #8 or #9. Pretty much the same at the second stop too.

Last edited by LIOPA; 06-17-2003 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered

i can run away from yours ,its still in the barn. Now is that a challenege,if it gets your boat done you're on. once you go for a ride you'll sea how it runs. Scott
Old 06-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

i'll even sell you my old blower motors that turn 1000hp to help ya Scott
Old 06-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally posted by mr_velocity
This is not what poker runs should be about!! In my opinion it also violates the 10 commandments of the NJPPC and the NJPPC should not promote this. In my opinion the NYC poker run does a lot to destroy what the NJPPC is trying to fight in NJ, mainly the bad rap that high performance boaters get. I can't even begin to count how many times I've either seen videos or pics in magazines that showed passengers riding on the rear deck or standing on the deck holding onto the radar arch.
You guys need to understand you can't have it both ways. If you're going to fight for our high performance rights you need to distance yourself from this sort of activity otherwise risk losing credibility. With the moon tides and all the crap that naturally floats down the Hudson this is definitely a tradegy waiting to happen.

BTW, How many resuce helicopters did the poker run have?

Just my .02
Mr. Velocity - thank you for your input.

In regard to the NJPPC, Poker Run 10 Commandments, promoting safety etc... I would say the following:

1. NJPPC does not endorse or promote the NPBA Poker Run.
2. The NYC Poker Run is an event that is approved by the NYPD, USCG and the NJ State Police. All 3 law enforcement authorities were there and IN FORCE on and off the water.
3. As for the 10 Commandments - we have discussed this with Billy and he chooses not to make life jackets mandatory. Although I do not agree with his decision, it is his event and he makes the rules.
We can also look at each one of them:
(1) Absolutely no alcoholic beverages until the Poker Run is OVER.
- I did not see anyone drinking prior to the event.
(2) All participating poker run boat occupants must wear PFD's
- We had our PFD's on and most other in the 100mph group did.
(3) Driver must wear ignition safety switch lanyard(s) while the boat is underway - We had ours on
(4) No sitting on top of the seats or on sunpads when the boat is on plane - I did not see anyone riding on the top of seats during the run. If they did - they would have fell in.
(5) Break starts up into groups based on speed - they had 3 groups based on speed.
(6) Medical/rescue personnel onboard at least one boat in every group - I saw 2 boats in the water flying "red cross" first aid flags and I also saw 2 NYPD boats, 3 NJ State Police Boats, 1 NYPD boat and also 3 fire boats.
(7) No passing the paceboat - they had paceboats from Liberty Landing to the GWB.
(8) Minimum separation of 100' fore-and-aft and 50' side-to-side between boats when on plane - this was pretty tough to achieve with the number of boats
(9) Written instructions/charts handed out by organizer with appropriate speed limit and safety notations. - all captains received written instructions.
(10)Strict speed limits in congested areas - this was true from the Liberty Landing Marina to the GWB.

The NPBA Poker Run is not a traditional poker run. Billy promotes his event as a race and gives prizes for speed. That is his choice.

Is it the safest event in the world - No. Is any hi-performance boating event? No. You can do as much as you can to prevent accidents.

In terms of his event being a race - I would recommend you attend the 1000 Islands Poker Run that Poker Runs America produces. I have been on a 42 Outerlimits on that run and you can reach out and touch your neigbor at 80mph during their starts as well.

But thanks again for your feedback. It is really appreciated! I hope you also see my point of view.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

These guys had fun!
Attached Thumbnails Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin-flintstonessmall.jpg  

Quick Reply: Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.