Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Crazy Problem as a Boat Dealer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52406-crazy-problem-boat-dealer.html)

Magicfloat 06-15-2003 08:55 PM

Crazy Problem as a Boat Dealer

Delivered a new 353 Formula last week to a good customer who trades every year,he is 300 miles away. He calls me disappointed, boat will only run 75 GPS, he expected 85+, I explained that we ran the boat at 90 speedo with props that were difficult to get on plane,some thing must be wrong with his props from his old boat, he thinks the hull has a hook,I tell him Formula doesn't build a hull with a hook,it's a prop problem. I next day air a set of 31's,32's,33's,34's,and a set of 5 blade Hydromotives and am prepared to drive down next week if yhe props don't fix the problem. He calls today,everything is fine,86 GPS with his old props. I asked him what he did, he said he reprogrammed the GPS from knots to MPH :). Anybody that wants to get into the boat business,I have lots of stories like this that will talk you out of it.:):)

Payton 06-15-2003 09:16 PM

:rolleyes:
At least he's happy, Now if you can just gett all those props back.:cool:

cuda 06-15-2003 09:25 PM

He should have set the gps to Kph, then he would have been ecstatic.:D

Audiofn 06-15-2003 09:35 PM

Originally posted by cuda
He should have set the gps to Kph, then he would have been ecstatic.:D
:D:D:D:D

hp500efi 06-16-2003 06:06 AM

I hope he sent you a money order for the Next Day air charges along with all those props. . . :)

Cord 06-16-2003 07:15 AM

Hey, just be glad he admitted the mistake. He could have gotten a new set of props out of the deal!

MARK BENTLEY 06-16-2003 07:21 AM

Magic, tell me about it. I have been in the biz for many years (19) We should have our own section!

TGC-32 06-16-2003 08:17 AM

Robert:

I've got a guy who is also kind of "disappointed" that his 353 is "only" running 90 MPH! (which is about 3 or 4 MPH FASTER than I thought it would run!) Wants to know why he can't turn 35" wheels? I told him no problem, we just need another 100 HP per engine!

I hear you, though. Sometimes I wish I had stayed in my law practice!

Regards,

Tom
Total Marine

CigDaze 06-16-2003 08:39 AM

That's funny as hell!!! :D :D :D...Some people. :rolleyes:

Roger 1 06-16-2003 09:08 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
Robert, don't make me drive to Jasper to beat some sense into you.:D

The economy sucks............. Robert's selling boats.

I'm going to make French Fries today.......Robert's selling boats.

I have a bunch of min wage people to deal with daily........Robert's selling boats.

Should I keep going Robert?????
:p :D :D :D

WAHHHHH...WAHHHHH...I`ll bet ''Robert'' does`nt get to wear those neat little cardboard crowns that you guys get to wear now does he!:D :D :D