Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The infamous Jellyfish Joels!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52407-infamous-jellyfish-joels.html)

R Addiction 06-15-2003 08:59 PM

The infamous Jellyfish Joels!!!

Finally a decent weekend. Took some pictures: Warpaint

R Addiction 06-15-2003 09:03 PM

Jellyfish Joels:cool:

R Addiction 06-15-2003 09:04 PM

For an overcast day ....pretty good turnout!

R Addiction 06-15-2003 09:06 PM

The Glossy deck of WAR PARTY!!!:drool:

R Addiction 06-15-2003 09:07 PM

More boats

R Addiction 06-15-2003 09:09 PM

Cool Place to be!!

C_Spray 06-15-2003 09:46 PM

....and we were in Cincinnati, where it poured. :(

...but there were lots of raceboats going very fast. :) :D

mmwalters 06-15-2003 10:46 PM

Sorry we missed you guys maybe next weekend. Man do you think there is enough junk floating in the bay?:hothead: I bent a prop this weekend, my buddy in his bent one, be a good year to have a prop repair shop.

R Addiction 06-16-2003 07:21 AM

I'll have to ck mine out!!! We saw full size trees floating around!!! But at least we got out!!

Ran into Kitten at the Flats sunday afternoon, great people.:cool:

WARPAINT 06-16-2003 07:26 AM

Great weekend on the bay:cool: R addiction was kind enough to let me take his wife on a test ride;) .....in the back of her blazer:eek:

R Addiction 06-16-2003 09:21 AM

It's a Jimmy not a Blazer!!!!! :p

WARPAINT 06-16-2003 10:07 AM

The jimmy needs shocks!;) squeek,squeek,squeek,squeek whos your daddy-whos your daddy:p

R Addiction 06-16-2003 12:57 PM

She said it was over before it started.. Good Old 2 pump Johnny:p

WARPAINT 06-16-2003 03:21 PM

She came on the first one:p

R Addiction 06-16-2003 05:11 PM

She faked it so you would think you da man!

Thats enough!!!

blue thunder 06-16-2003 05:45 PM

Thanks for inviting me Warpaint! :mad: :mad: I'm sure there was plenty of room left in the back of the Jimmy :D :eek:

BT :cool:

Gassticks 06-16-2003 07:09 PM

What's the deal? I heard that you can't anchor your boat off the beach any more . That they made it a swimming zone???? That's why I never showed up this weekend. DAMM and I missed the party once again!!!! The wife wanted to hang at Hart-miller Island this weekend. Well I got company coming this weekend so I'll have to make the trip to JJ's If you all see me, Stop and say Hey . I'm the only Superboat with twin O/B's ( it's red and white). I get there alot but never see anyone from OSO . Sorry I did meet IKE last summer. Hope to meet ya'll this weekend!!!!!!:D :D :D

blue thunder 06-16-2003 07:41 PM

Gassticks... if that is true, they will have quite a job keeping boaters from anchoring on public property (up to mean high tide anyway). Not sure how it works if the area is declared a swimming area, but the current is a little swift there for that. I like pulling up on the beach myself. I hate it when they force me to screw with them. Hope it is not true Gassticks.

BT :cool:

R Addiction 06-17-2003 09:32 AM

The beach is now a swimming area bouys all around!!! Doesn't make sense with the current being as swift as it is!!:confused:

BT, were you out this weekend? I was everywhere!!! Didn't see ya. Maybe this weekend(Sunday).;) I'm probably just going to the flats or Lloyds. :cool:

WARPAINT 06-17-2003 10:43 AM

R ACTIVE THUNDER, i wont be out on sunday.The rev limiter has other plans for me.I will be out saturday flying solo;)

HiPerf2000 06-17-2003 10:48 AM

Last time i was at JJ's (last year) there was about 5 of us beached. We all were all buying drinks from the tiki bar and hanging out near the boats. The minute someone got a beer off of thier own boat, they came running down and told us we can ONLY buy drinks from them.

So maybe they declared that a swimming area to keep our boats from pulling up and drinking our own drinks.

R Addiction 06-17-2003 03:48 PM

I was mixing The Captain/Cokes with the dock guys right there they didn't say anything....but then again I was on my boat.;)

R Addiction 06-17-2003 03:51 PM

Warpaint, I guess you want to borrow my cool, boat friendly wife......NOPE!!! :p

blue thunder 06-17-2003 04:02 PM

hi perf 2000 nailed it. They want all the moola for themselves. I don't necessarily disagree with them deserving it because they invest a lot in the tiki deal. My problem is the 1/2 hour wait to get drinks. I started just getting back in line and drinking my drink. What fun... not! Therefore, if the line is long I will snatch a cool one outs the boat. They cannot say a word, although they like to make you think they can. That is, if you are beached, and stay on public property (up to mean high tide). That gives you a couple feet of beach minimally. If you are tied up to their dock you must stand in line. Those guys were being nice R. Quite clever of them to pull the swimming area trick. I am impressed.

My wife had an operation Friday Jon, therefore no boating for me last weekend. Didn't miss any of the 12 rainy ones earlier though :hothead: I'll be down this weekend Saturday and Sunday, maybe solo maybe with kiddies, maybe with buddies. Not sure yet. Lloyds sounds like a great idea. I'm really wanting to get in the water for the first time this season. Let me know what you guys are doing and I' find you. Otherwise Warpaint, there is always the ole reliable goose ;)

Dave :cool:

kitten 06-18-2003 09:27 AM

It was great to meet you & Leslie

:mad: :mad: R-Addition : ...Glenn & I enjoyed talking to you at the flats.............It rained all the way :eek:
to Jacksonville !!! :eek:

dangerkitty & kitten:doggy:

R Addiction 06-18-2003 09:31 AM

Kitten, It may have rained but your in FLA. and I'm still here in Pa.:rolleyes: See ya this summer in the bay!! If not I'll see you in the Keys!!!:D John

WARPAINT 06-18-2003 10:01 AM

Dave, i will look out for you on saturday.

Kitten, i wish i would have said hi to you at the goose on sunday.I did not know what boat you were in until RA told me you run a pantera.I watche you and your crew dock at the goose on sunday,boat sounds awesome:cool:

RA, the capt & coke you spilled on my boat on saturday burned thru my graphics, the invoice is in the mail:eek:

baja27 06-18-2003 11:38 AM

We are going to down there for Thunder run starting Friday. Which is a better place for happy hour, Red Eyes or Jelly's. Let 's hope it doesn't rain.

R Addiction 06-18-2003 12:20 PM

Baja are you in the run? Red Eyes is a great place to party and check out some of the hardware!!!

Warpaint, If you would stop using watercolors you would have better longevity on your graphics!!:p

baja27 06-18-2003 01:19 PM

No where just coming down for the weekend. So whats a good happy hour place, no sword party! Are you running?

R Addiction 06-18-2003 01:30 PM

Red Eyes will be packed!!! And Fun!!! Jellyfish is fun also!! Yes we are in the run. Top notch run, food and drink all top shelf!!!:D

blue thunder 06-18-2003 03:49 PM

I would do Red Eyes for happy hour over Jelly Fish Joels.

Dave :cool:

R Addiction 06-18-2003 04:34 PM

Either way you'll end up with RED EYES !!!!:p

You could go thru the narrows, under the bridges, and to the left is The Crab Deck. Bands , happy hour , close to Red Eyes!!!!