Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water! >

Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water!

Notices

Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water!

Old 06-12-2003, 05:41 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water!

Mantoloking patrolman takes to the water
Published in the Asbury Park Press 6/11/03
Unit tickets speeders who leave damaged vessels in their wake
By BONNIE DELANEY
STAFF WRITER
Click Here for article.
Attached Images  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

One has to wonder about a town that has less then 1/2 mile of total land area having a "Marine" division.
I've asked these question in the past,
Who gives the Town Jurisdiction on the Bay? (no other town in the county has a "Marine Division")
Where Exactly are these borders?
If heading South, does Brick Police Dept. have Jurisdiction?
I think its ironic that Mantoloking is the smallest (and one of the wealthiest) towns in the Country and they hassel boaters going near their homes. I think this is akin to buying a house near the airport and then complaining about the noise. These rich people need to lighten up! Maybe the "Wake Police" could do something more constructive like keep traffic running smoothly thru this town.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:40 AM
WATERBOY2

Bob,
I agree with you.Mantoloking, as nice as it is,seems to be full of old richey rich types that want to complain about anything and everything.I read in the Asbury Park Press recently, that Mantoloking has the highest average price per house in the entire U.S.!!If I had that kind of $, I would have better things to do than complain about noise or wakes from boats.Maybe when the boat is ready, a "fly by" is in order!

PS-As far as "policing" the traffic in town.....I have gotten two tickets in my entire life and;you guessed it, both were in Mantoloking.

Old 06-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

When we do our "fly-by" , we should be heading south, that way we're not in their "jurisdiction". Do you think they could catch us with that high performance Bayliner?
Besides, our boat makes less of a wake on plane and going fast!
We have to watch out, they might have a local "noise" ordinance, that dry exhaust could get us!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I feel really bad for you guys down there, just another reason for me to stay away from the bay.
Now, as a waterfront home owner I would have to say there is only one thing that pisses me off. That's wakes and I'd like to see them nail avery a$$hole that makes them near our boats. This is not a high performance problem since the biggest offenders are the big weekend cruisers. If you're going to make a fly buy do it in a hydro so they can't nail you for the wake. We once got nailed in a narrow section up here in New Years day running an STV going about 100 mph in a no wake zone. Someone actually called to complain, the marine police came to us and said "Sorry guys, I got the call and had to make an appearence. Have a nice day."

Last edited by mr_velocity; 06-12-2003 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:50 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Makes you wonder where their jurisdiction stops.
I seen them cruising through the F-Cove last year. (Not part of Mantoloking as far as I know, but I suppose if they spot someone out of their boat and on land with an open container they can bring in Brick Police?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by WATERBOY2
Mantoloking, as nice as it is,seems to be full of old richey rich types that want to complain about anything and everything.I read in the Asbury Park Press recently, that Mantoloking has the highest average price per house in the entire U.S.!!If I had that kind of $, I would have better things to do than complain about noise or wakes from boats.Maybe when the boat is ready, a "fly by" is in order!
Interesting OVER generalization

Make sure you have your girl flash her TeeTs when you do your fly-by. I like that...fast , loud boats and lots of nudity

Old 06-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Registered

Who knows what will happen but atleast from the statements in the article it does not appear they have it in for HP Boats.
If they are going to go after the obvious, people jet skiing in lagoons and boats creating large wakes than I dont see the problem.
Time will tell.
If there is going to be any descrimination against our type boats Ill be one of the first to find out I guess. Ill let you know.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:15 PM
Registered

Hey Mark...guess what???

Ive gotten one disorderly conduct summons in my life. Youll never guess where..You got it .....Mantoloking!!!!!

Now..can you believe anyone would want to give me a Disorderly summons???? Cmon ....ME DISORDERLY???? i think not

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 12-23-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, not you Bruce! Just kidding.

The cops never cease to amaze me in Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.