Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Way OT - just curious? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52495-way-ot-just-curious.html)

THEJOKER 06-16-2003 07:12 PM

Way OT - just curious?

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody ever use dale's steak seasoning? Most rednecks on here have to know what I'm talking about - yummy - BH

puder 06-16-2003 07:26 PM

you ever tried peter luger's steak sauce??? truly delicious!!!

gdfatha 06-16-2003 07:38 PM

McCormicks Grill Mate Montreal steak seasoning is great.It also comes with a spicy variation and it is very spicy. It's found in the herb racks..

NASTY HABIT 06-16-2003 07:44 PM

Dales soaks into every steak I cook.....mamma's orders......and it is GOOD

OBNOXUS21 06-16-2003 08:30 PM

McCormicks Steak seasoning line is great!!! Ever try the mesquite or the Southwest?

I usually just use Italian dressing w/ filets, but for the strips it's McCormicks all the way!!!

BRUCE SEROFF 06-16-2003 08:46 PM

Monteal steak seasoning is awesome..Now you guys got me thinkin about tossin one on the grill.

Damn you

Magicfloat 06-16-2003 08:49 PM

Old memories here. Bham,Al early 60's,Dales Cellar (sp) was the premier steak house, it was downstairs in a celler,best steaks on the planet,that's where the sauce came from. Dale is probrably dead now but his product lives on. It is really mostly soy sauce, worchestire and salt but it's cheap and works well.We buy a local brand, Moore's Marinade,same thing, but I still like Dale's cause I took my first wife to Dale's Celler on our first date. This post will destuct in 60 seconds,LOL. :)

THEJOKER 06-16-2003 09:02 PM

Magic:

Being from AL I knew you would know what I was talking about. Man chicken thighs and dale's - yee hawwww - the Jerzey Boyz have to be laughing at us - lol - BH

NASTY HABIT 06-16-2003 09:07 PM

Hey Magic.....ever eat at OLLIES BBQ there in B-ham ? My Pop took me ther emany times...their Pork BBQ suace is awsome...

Magicfloat 06-16-2003 09:40 PM

Ate there many times in the old days. Unfortunately it closed last year after maybe 50 years.The older family members died and the younger ones had other things to do. Interesting history,Ollie McClung was a nice guy who employeed mostly blacks and treated them like family and paid them well but didn't want blacks served there. He wasn't a racist,this was just Alabama in the old days. He mellowed a lot as time passed and his son took over the business and then the grandson.In the later years it didn't matter what color you were,you were welcome at Ollie's,times change. His employees received good retirement benefits when the place closed,and you are right,great pig pork BBQ,wish I had one now.